Author Topic: New Mountable C9's From Ray  (Read 18651 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: New Mountable C9's From Ray
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2013, »
Perhaps you could post a close-up picture of this node.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2013, »
btw... still waiting for the V4 to arrive. 

I found a string last night with LOTS of flickering even with V3.

With a different string I see a lot of difference between V1 and V3 -- V3 works great, but V1 is terrible. 

So, I think I have a useful test bed for SSC comparative testing. :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tbone321

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2013, »
I would put a pull down resistor on that string that is flickering with the ver3 controller and see what happens.  That string may also just have a bad first node.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline keitha43

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Perhaps you could post a close-up picture of this node.
This is better than a picture I could take
Maybe rdebolt could confirm my test. I think to be safe I would try to get a sample from Ray with the tm1804 chip to try before commiting to a large order. Unless someone is able to get v4 SSC's to work or if I made a mistake in my wiring conversion.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2013, »
Received mine today. Going out to dinner tonight, but will do some testing later with V3.1, V3.2 and V4 if I have time. I have a lot in the fire right now, but will do my best.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2013, »
Tried some quick testing last night with a V4 and no luck on getting them to work. I have an email to Zach, but he is not the fastest to respond. I will say that I do know for a fact the the V4 will work with the 2811 chip, so I am not sure what the issue is yet. More to follow.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2013, »
Was I correct in my connector wire color conversion?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2013, »
Was I correct in my connector wire color conversion?

To be honest Keith, I just used Technicolor's chart and an ohm meter, then made an adapter so that I did not have to change the wiring on my SSC and so that I could quickly go from 1 SSC to another. I did not spend much time on it, so I am not sure what the issue is yet. It is very possible that I do not have it wired correctly too, but I think that I do.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2013, »
something going on as the V3 / V4 either one works on the WS2811 strings. There are different setting on these chips also so that does not mean it will work with all of them. I have a set of normal nodes from ray and it works.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2013, »
Disappointing news folks. I spoke with Zach today (Great guy BTW) and he told me how the wiring went AND I did have it correct. I even reversed pos and neg just to make sure and still no blinky. Not sure what the issue is, but at this time it does not appear that pixelnet will drive these strings!  >:(

Note: He told me that he tested each set of the test strings that he sent out, so I don't think this is a string issue.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline keitha43

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2013, »
Looking at the wiring drawing, ground is at the same location as we use but 12v and data swap. I wonder if the spec sheet from Ray that Steve posted at the top of page 4 would tell someone why it doesn't work. Well maybe someone will try the TM 1804 version from Ray and report if it works or not. It sounds like the TM1804 may be only a few dollars more than the WS2811 version.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2013, »
Looking at the wiring drawing, ground is at the same location as we use but 12v and data swap. I wonder if the spec sheet from Ray that Steve posted at the top of page 4 would tell someone why it doesn't work. Well maybe someone will try the TM 1804 version from Ray and report if it works or not. It sounds like the TM1804 may be only a few dollars more than the WS2811 version.

No doubt the 1804 will work,  Not sure if the 1804s are ready to go yet either, I have not contacted Ray yet.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2013, »
I was about to finalize an order -- but the new quote returned to the original $55/string.  the price was the same for TM1809 and WS2811 -type strings. 
With your testing, I will recommend to my other Austin-area buyers that they switch to TM1804.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2013, »
Lets stop the group buy talk. There is no group purchases or coops at DLA that are not official. I am sorry but I must insist we follow that rule.

No post or Pm's about offsite group buys. Does not mean you can not have them or that you can not join them. Just can not post or message about them on our site.

RJ
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, by RJ »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2013, »
Sorry RJ forgot about that!!!