Author Topic: New Mountable C9's From Ray  (Read 18653 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: New Mountable C9's From Ray
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2013, »
Can anyone comment on the material these are made from and whether hot glue sticks to them? 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline keitha43

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2013, »
UV rated plastic. Don't know about hot glue as the v3 and v4 SCC's wouldn't work on our sample strands with the WS2811 chips the samples came with. So I would say you had better try getting a sample from Ray with the TM1804 chip to verify it will work before purchasing a large order. Unless you will use some other controller. Now RJ has had success with WS2811 strands before so there is something different on how these chips were set up during manufacture.

Offline aich75013

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2013, »
I asked Ray to add a small sample of the Technicolor lights with TM1804 chips on them with my order that I received today.
I connected it to my V3 SSC and it works.  I am using xlights to test.
The Data and GND are swapped from what we normally use.
From left to right, it is:  GND-    DATA   12V+

--Adrian

Offline keitha43

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I asked Ray to add a small sample of the Technicolor lights with TM1804 chips on them with my order that I received today.
I connected it to my V3 SSC and it works.  I am using xlights to test.
The Data and GND are swapped from what we normally use.
From left to right, it is:  GND-    DATA   12V+
Interesting because looking at the jpg on the creators facebook page the male connector says it is power in the upper left corner, data at the bottom, and ground in the upper right. so it shows the power and data switched. So either his drawing is wrong or Ray is doing it different. But rdebolt tried reversing his and it still didn't work for the WS2811. Good to hear the TM1804 version works.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2013, »
If the biggest concern is putting power on the data line then use an ohmmeter to find the power (+12vdc) and ground first. They should be very low resistance and the data line should be very high resistance.

Galaxy Note II

Offline aich75013

New Mountable C9's From Ray
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2013, »
My sample didn't have a pigtail on the input side, but did have one on the output side. I used that diagram to check the resistance to the input side, to find the 12V and GND wires.
When I mentioned the wire order, that is the 3 wires as they go directly into the first node.
--Adrian

Offline keitha43

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2013, »
So I switched my wiring around and still the SSC v3 won't talk to the WS2811 chip on my sample so stay with the TM1804 chip.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2013, »
Forgive my Bad drawing, but this is the way Zach told me the wiring went.

Don't know about the 1804 this is for the WS2811

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2013, »
default wire spacing:     10cm long
For those that have seen these in person, 10cm(3.94") is the spacing between nodes correct? So a 100node string would be ~32' 10" long?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2013, »
That was about what the samples were but the shipping versions were to be 8 inches from center of the node to the center of the node according to Zach's email. You should confirm with Ray just in case.

It also appears the wiring is different between the TM1804 and WS2811 versions from what I am seeing in the above posts but either way the WS2811 would not work with the SSC v3.

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2013, »
So is it settled?  Technicolor lights with TM1804 chips work but are wired differently. But the Technicolor lights with SW2811 chips do not work so far.

Now is that with only SSC V3?
No one has tried SCC V4?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, by sittinguphigh »
What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2013, »
So is it settled?  Technicolor lights with TM1804 chips work but are wired differently. But the Technicolor lights with SW2811 chips do not work so far.

Now is that with only SSC V3?
No one has tried SCC V4?

No I tried V4

Offline keitha43

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2013, »
I would wait for Steve Gase to test his when they arrive. He had heard some people in San Antonio got some of the ws2811 from Ray to work. All I can figure is Ray may have used a version of the chip with a communication speed that was compatable with the SSC as we tried all wiring possibilities and the samples we received from the inventor did not work with the ssc's.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2013, »
I would wait for Steve Gase to test his when they arrive. He had heard some people in San Antonio got some of the ws2811 from Ray to work. All I can figure is Ray may have used a version of the chip with a communication speed that was compatable with the SSC as we tried all wiring possibilities and the samples we received from the inventor did not work with the ssc's.
Still waiting... :(

I will be sure to test and share my results immediately when these arrive.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2013, »
I received a 100 node string of this design using the 2811's and they worked fine during by quick test.