Author Topic: Can not get lynx dongle communicate with d-light Open AC16  (Read 2353 times)

Offline harleyhaynes

>.d9 Well I have my lynx dongles built but can not seem to get them to speak to the d-light open ac16.  I have verified the programing of the pic twice.

Now, I verified that the controller is working through x-lights with the v3 d-light dongle. 

I have reinstalled the drivers and have a red light and a green light constant on when the USB cable is plugged in.  I have visually verified that my solder connections look ok understanding that can be a little deceiving sometimes. 

I have tried a couple different usb cables also.

I was going to try and use vixen but I am not familiar with the latest version to use it to test. And x-lights seems awesome for testing as it is seems very simple.
Any ideas?

Offline rm357

First thought - do you have the AC16 DMX firmware installed. If not, then you are out of luck. The lynx dongle can only output two protocols - either DMX or pixelnet. There is no support for the d.light protocol.

Second thought, assuming you have the DMX firmware, make sure the lynx dongle is programmed for DMX and that the dmx hookup is correct. Lynx uses wire pair #1, wires 1&2 for data output. I'm not sure off the top of my head which one is + and which is - ...
I also have no idea what d.light uses.

Good luck.
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline peteandvanessa

You will need to make a swop over cable.

Also have you set up your D-Light AC16 for DMX (it will need the new DMX chips installed and programmed and have the addresses set correctly)
Link here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Diagram is here:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline harleyhaynes

Got it....needed a cross over cable  <fp.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got it....needed a cross over cable  <fp.

Actually not just a cross over cable. You will need to make your own following the chart that peteandvanessa posted.