Author Topic: New Conductor Firmware for 2013  (Read 14791 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
New Conductor Firmware for 2013
« on: June 16, 2013, »
Ok after a lot of work on the beta teams and my part here is the new firmware for the conductor.

Download the zip file and unzip it. Then uninstall the conductor control panel program from your computer and run the setup file to reinstall the new version. Then flash your conductor with the new firmware (hex file). Then before doing anything else read the word document. There are a number of things you need to do before it will work. the first is formating your card using new settings that must be correct for it to function. Your music will need to be converted also. Check the document it will explain it all.

I am finishing up the Slave firmware to match the new conductor firmware and should have it released before long.

Enjoy!

RJ
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, by rrowan »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: New Conductor Firmware for 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, »
Great news RJ. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks to you and the beta for the hard work!  <res.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, »
After converting the mp3's to OGG do you have to rename the extension to MP3? The new control panel doesn't list the OGG files under Available Music when I try to create a show. Already flashed new firmware, formatted the flash card, and using the control panel from the new zip file.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, »
The control panel modified date is 9/8/2012 so I think the old version is in the zip file.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, »
Yep, that is the old version not the new one.

I'll send RJ an email.

Denny

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, »
New version coming shortly.

Denny

Offline animal

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, »
This is great news RJ. I know you have alot on your plate with the academy. I'm hopeing we'll be able to work with LSP and to use this as a sorta hybrid with the slave also.  I know there is more priorities to get too before this. I can test this if need be, but it should be pretty straight forward.

RJ and to all the beta testers. Thank you for all you do.

animal    <res.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, »
If you have downloaded it please delete that file and download it again. The file was updated in the first post so uninstall the Control panel and run the setup file again to put the correct version in. It should say Conductor Control panel V3 at the top of the program window if it is correct.

Sorry for that.

RJ

Offline keitha43

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, »
I had to make changes to the procedure to get it to work. If I used Windows Explorer to format the card in Windows XP(as per the instructions),  I could not change the allocation size to "Allocation Size as 16 kilobytes ". My only choice was "Default allocation size". Although everything acted normally creating shows and schedules and password, when I inserted the card into the conductor it just kept rebooting over and over. What I had to do was to format the card by going into "Computer Management" then "Disk Management" then I could change the allocation size to the correct one. Everything worked correctly then once I got everything created again. I don't know if it was because my card had already been programmed using last years software that caused me to need to format it differently.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is great news RJ. I know you have alot on your plate with the academy. I'm hopeing we'll be able to work with LSP and to use this as a sorta hybrid with the slave also.  I know there is more priorities to get too before this. I can test this if need be, but it should be pretty straight forward.

RJ and to all the beta testers. Thank you for all you do.

animal    <res.

Not sure what you mean about the slave but I was on the beta and my sequences were exported from LSP and I have no issues using them with conductor. 

Keith,
I had to do the same when I was beta testing. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
New Conductor Firmware for 2013
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, »
I believe he's talking about LSP being a master (to play movies too) and then the slave getting the sync signal from LSP
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline animal

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, »
Yup that's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't know if this is something that LSP needs to work out . It would be just a clock or sync signal. How it would be implemented with their scheduler. I don't no. I no this isn't a priority. I just like the idea, taking the load off of LSP and the computer. The scheduler was horrible last year for me. It lagged, and just did'nt work.  I know they're rewriting the scheduler, but I can't see that happening until late summer or beginning fall. THat's to late for me,  <fp.  plus I like this way with the slave anyway.
                                                           again great job to everyone.

animal
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, by animal »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, »
Sorry,

Its just me so it takes time to get the stuff done. I had to get the Conductor working well first, now the slave, then the DMX code and then the Software syncing.

RJ

Offline kenjreno

• Rail City
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, »
I installed this on my Win8 system 64 bit, and every time I get the following error

Offline einstein2883

• Beta Tester
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, »
Have you updated the new firmware on the conductor yet?  If you still have an older version loaded it can do that to the Control Panel.