Author Topic: New Conductor Firmware for 2013  (Read 14753 times)

Offline keitha43

Re: New Conductor Firmware for 2013
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, »
Okay started testing tonight. I thought I had a problem because the show wasn't running after hooking everything together. Then I went back and checked what time I set the show to run and it was 5 minutes before I finished putting everything together. Which reminded me of discussions last year that the conductor won't start a show if it powers up after the start time, so if you have a power interruption the show won't run after power comes back on. Is this not possible in the future to make it realize the show should be running? I noticed the "Play Selected" button in the control panel only runs the show through one time. Perhaps on the phone app a checkbox to repeat the show could be created to manually repeat until manually stopping the show? Or is everyone just timing how long your shows run and just create multiple shows per day so it would start the show on the next run though?

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, »
So far everything is running fine for a fun with blinky night (my version of fireworks), no issues to report yet.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2013, »
Okay I have run it since the 1st and it has worked fine for me. Music stayed in sync for me. Show started and stopped on time. Guess I will buy a computer battery backup to get past the problem caused if power momentarily goes out after the start time for the show. They are only about 55.00. It would be cool in the future if the etherdongle firmware and the conductor firmware could somehow be combined. Right now I have 2 conductors but keep 1 flashed with etherdongle firmware for testing my sequencing live from my programing software. And also to see if all my hardware is plugged in correctly which I believe that capability will be in a future enhancement to the conductor. I was curious why when I reformat both flash cards and copy the same files to both cards in the same manor, the Conductor Control Panel sees the filenames in different orders. One has them all alphabetically and the other one doesn't. It is not a problem since you can move your selections up or down but it is curious.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, »
Good to hear!

It is the order the fat table stores it and there seems to be no relation to the order you copy, should ever come since you one run one conductor in a show. The others are slave and do not report to the cp.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, »
Anybody else seen it "connect" to the Conductor, display the contents for about 4 seconds and look perfectly normal, then go back to "Not Connected" status?

With the V3 Control Panel open, I can power cycle the V69 flashed conductor and watch this.

Files appear to be correct. Password has been double checked. It lets me create a Show and Schedule on the Flash Card.

I am using "NONE.OGG" instead of a real music file. I'll try changing that.

Offline einstein2883

• Beta Tester
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, »
This can happen if you are connecting to it over wireless or a network switch that doesn't like network broadcasts.  How you connecting to the conductor? Wireless? Direct? With a switch?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, »
It will also do that if when you don't format it with "Allocation size as 16 kilobites" Here is what I had to do in Win XP to get it to format correctly-
"I had to make changes to the procedure to get it to work. If I used Windows Explorer to format the card in Windows XP(as per the instructions),  I could not change the allocation size to "Allocation Size as 16 kilobytes ". My only choice was "Default allocation size". Although everything acted normally creating shows and schedules and password, when I inserted the card into the conductor it just kept rebooting over and over. What I had to do was to format the card by going into "Computer Management" then "Disk Management" then I could change the allocation size to the correct one. Everything worked correctly then once I got everything created again. I don't know if it was because my card had already been programmed using last years software that caused me to need to format it differently."

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, »
From a switch. It has worked before (with the older conductor firmware and software) with this setup.

When I first start the V3 Control Panel and enter my correct password, then power up the conductor, it sees the Conductor and the Files just like it should. Then disconnects.

When I do the same, but deliberately enter the wrong password before power up, it STILL looks good, then disconnects.

Logically, this makes me think the password function is faulty.  Any password rules I'm forgetting?  Mine is 8 characters long, 5 alpha and 3 numeric. The V3 Control Panel created the file for me.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It will also do that if when you don't format it with "Allocation size as 16 kilobites" Here is what I had to do in Win XP to get it to format correctly-
"I had to make changes to the procedure to get it to work. If I used Windows Explorer to format the card in Windows XP(as per the instructions),  I could not change the allocation size to "Allocation Size as 16 kilobytes ". My only choice was "Default allocation size". Although everything acted normally creating shows and schedules and password, when I inserted the card into the conductor it just kept rebooting over and over. What I had to do was to format the card by going into "Computer Management" then "Disk Management" then I could change the allocation size to the correct one. Everything worked correctly then once I got everything created again. I don't know if it was because my card had already been programmed using last years software that caused me to need to format it differently."

Keith, I saw your earlier post and did reformat at 16K. I'm running windows 8 and was able to pick that value readily.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, »
With everything at 8 characters or less, this is what is required,  1. a password, 2. a show, 3. a schedule. By 8 characters I mean not only sequence and music files but also show and schedule files names have this limit. One thing to check is to see if the program can see your oog files. The first post accidentally had an older version program and could not see my oog files. The correct program can.  The correct program should have a modified date of 6/17/13. And of course use the firmware v69.

Offline doubleeaz

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2013, »
Is there an updated Android App for v3?  I tried the one on the Wiki and doesn't show the data correctly.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2013, »
Not yet.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, »
Would I would correct to assume that CPP means conductor panel program?
What you don't know. Can hurt you.