Author Topic: Wireless Bobcat  (Read 3118 times)

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
Wireless Bobcat
« on: June 29, 2013, »
Good evening all,

I purchased a completed Bobcat controller last year and it did not come with the headers for the wireless.  I used it hardwired and all was good.  Just completed building (2) more based on the build manual and went to check my fittings for the wireless adapter (which I bout a couple of years ago) and have now realized that they both have the same headers on them  <fp.  I checked the build manuals for both units and, low and behold, both show the male header to be installed.  With that said, are you familiar with a female to female adapter or do I need to replace the headers on one of the boards?

Thanks in advance,

- Mark

Offline rm357

Wireless Bobcat
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, »
If you can find some of the 2 pin shunts that are open on both ends, you could have the pins from the module on one side and the pins from the board on the other. Just be sure all of the shunts are oriented the same.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
Re: Wireless Bobcat
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you can find some of the 2 pin shunts that are open on both ends, you could have the pins from the module on one side and the pins from the board on the other. Just be sure all of the shunts are oriented the same.

I have a four pin extension cable on my bench that I have NO idea where I got it from.  It resembles that of a servo extension cable but when I try to do a search, I get all kinds of junk!!  Any suggestions on better search criteria?
- Mark

Offline rm357

Wireless Bobcat
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, »
Something like this should do

You will need at least 3 (power ground and data), but at 9 cents each I would go ahead and get 8 - 1 for each pin.

The problem with mouser is the shipping... Need to combine this with a larger parts order...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, »
Found it!!  This is what I have now You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and they come in different lengths.  Being that I am going to put this into a skull, any issues with antenna orientation?
- Mark

Offline mmccrae

• Coop Manager
    • The McCrae's Light Show
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, »
The female socket for the Wireless EXRX ver 2 is here : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

and as long as there is not any metal close to the antenna data sheet recommends 1.2 inches for best performance orientation is not really a problem, but I have fount the having antenna vertical offers better performance.

Mike
Mike,
Conroe, TX

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, »
The female socket for the Wireless EXRX ver 2 is here : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

and as long as there is not any metal close to the antenna data sheet recommends 1.2 inches for best performance orientation is not really a problem, but I have fount the having antenna vertical offers better performance.

Mike

Thanks Mike - Good stuff !!
- Mark