Author Topic: Aether II TS  (Read 2045 times)

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
Aether II TS
« on: July 11, 2013, »
I was having issues getting the red to show up so i was checking solder joints.  couldnt really see anything so wanted to make sure all the wires were landed on the LED correctly.  using my multimeter, seems there is continuity between pins 1, 2, 3, 4, and the whole heat sink for that matter.  is that the way it is supposed to be?

Offline zwiller

Re: Aether II TS
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, »
Can't speak as to continuity with confidence but have you tried the test hex file and still have no red?  From memory, with regular firmware, no red was a common problem reprogramming usually fixes.  I love my aethers to death but they are a little stubborn to program but rock solid after.  Lot's of good info here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, »
I finally found my problem. Had a couple regulators swapped. I'm usually pretty careful with that but I built them sometime last year so I can't say what I was thinking. Had to reflash again and off it went.

Still having problems getting the starting address to take. I've followed the instructions and have read what others are doing. I've tried connecting straight from laptop with a crossover and across my wireless network. I haven't tried going through etherdongle straight to aether but that is next. I'm sure ill get it at some point but at least I got it operational. Thanks.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, »
Let me know if you want to try a Lynx DMX dongle. I have one available.

Frank

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, »
Excellent point.  Make sure you are using the correct utility for the etherdongle via the software page.  I use a dmx dongle for programming. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, »
i dont have a dmx dongle so FRANK, might have to take you up on that.  I reflashed the etherdongle with the most current hex file and still no worky.  I'm sure the software will be updated soon so if November comes around and i still dont have it going, I'll have to pay Frank a visit. 

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Aether II TS
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, »
I've found if your channel is below 255 vixen does it best to get it set.  I could never get the tools to do it but vixen always would right off the bat.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, »
How do you set it in vixen?  I tried setting to 17 just for test purposes with no luck. Keeps reverting back to 1.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Aether II TS
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, »
You open up the test channels area and select channel one and change the intensity to the channel you want.  Then follow the normal steps of flipping the switch.....

I never could get it with the etherdongle, always had to use my USB dmx dongle.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login