Author Topic: Conductor issues - Solved  (Read 1782 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

Conductor issues - Solved
« on: July 13, 2013, »
Just started testing my conductor.

I'm using the latest firmware for the etherdongle Pixelnet version 39

I'm using the latest control panel (version 3)

I know the etherdongle works (I can control it with the other Pixel Net Firmware and send DMX and Pixelnet to the lights)

So I reflashed it to Pixelnet firmware version 39

Then I inserted the flash card, followed the procedure to format the card correctly.

The I loaded my OGG music and seq converted from LSP

Set up the shows, schedule etc (see screen shot)

But when I insert the flash card into the conductor I never get a connection (I've tried though my router, wired and wireless, also tried direct Ethernet connection from PC to the etherdongle).  It just doesn't connect.

Any ideas, here's a shot of my flash card after setting up:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
Re: Conductor issues
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, »
You say you used the latest firmware version 39 but the latest firmware for the Conductor is V69 with CP version 3.  Make sure the card is formatted at 16K also.

Denny

Offline rm357

Conductor issues
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, »
Did you load the etherdongle pixelnet firmware or the conductor firmware?
They are different.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, »
I agree you must not be using the conductor firmware which is located in the first post here along with the newer control panel.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, »
Sorry, my error, I flashed the etherdongle with conductorV69.hex

So I believe that's the correct one. Still not able to connect to the conductor with the control panel.

Offline peteandvanessa

Re: Conductor issues - Solved!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, »
So I spend about 8 hours yesterday looking at the Flash Card connector, sequences, etc etc.

Still couldn't fix the problem. So I slept on it over night. Took another look this morning and started debugging
the wireless and wired router. Turned out my Router was the problem which was assigning some pretty strange IP addresses
and hence why I couldn't connect to the conductor.

Reset the router, powered everything off then on again. Now everything is working.

All the sequences that I had light lag last year via LSP's scheduler. It's all in time and spot on.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Offline animal

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, »
That's great Pete,
         I've been following last year the problems you had in which I had the same issues. I was trying all your work arounds and scenarios hoping I could emulate your successes. It all helped,but  my show lagged horribly with LSP scheduler. To add to the problem. My whole show is with video, so I'm hoping with the new firmware coming out for the slave. I'll be able to use LSP with just a sync signal to the slave for the lights also having LSP run my video too as it would normally. It's great you got it going and must be a relief this soon into the season. I'm hoping I can come up with something for my situation, if not I'll eliminate the mega wreath this year if I have to and just run the conductor for the lights.
          Good luck for this year.
                        animal

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, »
Hi Animal,

I'm literally just about to throw all the problem sequences that I had last year (with the lights lagging in the LSP scheduler) at the conductor. I have seven sequences all loaded up (this would NOT have worked in LSP at all without horrible light lag).

I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, »
First run through, it's all perfectly in time, so this is looking superb so far.

I've now set it up on the conductor scheduler, and I'm planning to run it for a few hours today to see if it all stays in sync.

Again, I'll follow up on here to let you know.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, »
Glad to read of your success. I threw some large transition heavy sequences at the conductor during beta and it worked great too.  Kinda amazing if you ask me. The conductor correctly outputs the shimmer effect too.  RJ really worked his tail off and got this wrapped up very timely.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, »
Well I've had seven songs looping since 1pm today (it's now 4.30pm), these were the ones from LSP that caused all sorts of hiccups, glitches and most of all lights lagging the music.

So all seven sequences are running brilliantly, no lag, nothing, just 100% in time, it's been 3 1/2 hours and it's running like a champ.
Now three of the sequences are very, very heavy with fast macros and color sliders (I'm running just shy of 5000 channels of LED RGB, two 16 Channel expresses and a three color DMX Laser)

I and so grateful to RJ and the Beta team, this conductor (and etherdongle) rocks!!!!

Offline animal

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, »
This is great news Pete. Like I said. If I have to, I'll eliminate the mega video wreath this year and run the show from the conductor, but from what I'm hearing. I think I'll be ok with the rewrite of the scheduler in LSP and the forward development with the slave. I'm sure I'll get something to work. I also second the great work to RJ and the beta team.

Looking forward to this year. Last year was a disappointment for me. Oh well. Again, great news Pete.

animal
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, by animal »

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, »
Good to hear of the success of the Conductor.  As Sam said RJ put in a lot of sleepless nights before the Academy to get the Conductor as nearly perfect as humanly possible to sync. up the music & lights.

More feedback would greatly be appreciated ASAP just in case there is anything the beta testers missed.  That will give RJ time to fix before crunch time.

Thanks for all for taking the time to test out the new version.  Once you try it I think you will appreciate the work RJ put into the Conductor.

Denny