Author Topic: When do we get to see the Zues?  (Read 3046 times)

Offline youngberg1950

When do we get to see the Zues?
« on: July 17, 2013, »
I'm trying to be patient I promise....  I know that all of you that were at the academy are still trying to get back off cloud 9 but when do those of us that couldn't get to the grand unveil get to see it and digest all of its goodness?

Offline tbone321

Re: When do we get to see the Zues?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, »
When the coop appears in the coop area, then you will probably see a picture of it in the WIKI.  Somebody may post a picture of it but may have been asked not to until the coop is set up and appears in the coop section. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline isellgum

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, »
I don't know if you remember the old joke of how do you keep an idiot in suspense....

That's how I feel about the info for Zeus.

I think that COOP is going to be hot hot hot.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, »
The waiting is a serious productivity hit.... I must be hitting the "show unread posts since last visit" link at least once every 15 minutes.  <fp.

Oh the things we do to keep up with the jonses  ;D

Frank

Offline isellgum

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, »
I'm hoping to pick up an active hub and some SSC v4 s when everyone gets their new equipment.

Offline meman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
News about Zeus...

A coop was started at the academy after the class announcement of Zeus.
The coop is open to the attendees of the academy (first), and if the size is not too large, it will be open to folks NOT attending the academy.

Soooooo...How did the Zeus coop go?  Any scraps left for those of us who were unable to attend <pop..

We don't know yet.  RJ took the list back with him (about 3 sheets of names).  The coop manager will use this list as a starting point, and will determine the total number of kits he can handle.

Here is the latest update from another thread....

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, »
Getting nervous.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, »
In my work career many years ago, I learned not to plan on products that were announced but not available.  That being said I was at the academy and I did see and touch a beta zeus.  But seeing a beta of any product and actually having it in your hands is entirely another thing.  I would never plan my display to REQUIRE a new beta product, plus for my own peace of mind I always want to have a backup so I can keep my display up in case of a hardware failure.  What if a product wasn't exactly like you thought it would be?  I did put my request in for a zeus at the academy but it will be a backup device for me.  I have enough SSCs to make my display work without the zeus, and a couple for spare SSCs for backup.  Next year I will have lots more I can do since by then the zeus will be well tested.  Just my 2 cents.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, »
All I can say is the coop is days away.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, »
Thanks, I'll stop worrying and stay optimistic!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]