Author Topic: Question  (Read 527 times)

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
Question
« on: July 18, 2013, »
I was wondering if these could be powered by a SS Hub and DSCs?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

By my calcs each pulls ~350ma so it would be well within the amperage limits of the controller.

Opinions?

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline zwiller

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, »
HUB and DSC are pixelnet and the flood is dmx.  Apples/oranges.  Although you could send dmx from hub and feed 12V to it, the start channel is fixed, although he sells a programmer or will change for you.  I shot Ray an email to see if he will sell "dumb" since I have a need for one of these where an Aether II would be too bright. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Question
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
HUB and DSC are pixelnet and the flood is dmx.  Apples/oranges.  Although you could send dmx from hub and feed 12V to it, the start channel is fixed, although he sells a programmer or will change for you.  I shot Ray an email to see if he will sell "dumb" since I have a need for one of these where an Aether II would be too bright.
I've got 3 of the floods, and learned the wrong way that you can't apply direct voltage (aka "dumb string method") to these. 

They come with a constant current driver enabled DMX controller.  When I tried to swap out the controller with one of the standard 3-channel dumb string DMX controllers I fried the red LED.  I've since fixed it by replacing the LED module, but learned that this won't work as a DSC.

The proper way to incorporate this with the DLA environment is to use the DMX connection off of an Active hub.  (...or a DMX dongle, or DMX-programmed EtD).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro