Author Topic: My LSP Set up!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1646 times)

Offline animal

My LSP Set up!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 18, 2013, »
 OK everyone,
          I put these 2 video's together to show how I set up my Lsp. I am not an expert with LSP, but maybe someone can get some ideas from this. Please feel free to make comments being bad good or indifferent. I just wanted to put something out. There's 2 videos. This is what has worked for me.
                                       They're not perfect, and maybe will get some laughs, or maybe some one get something out of it.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

animal

Offline keitha43

Re: My LSP Set up!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, »
I fell off the couch when the windows error popped up. :)    Your video is a good way to show that as long as you are using DMX protocol or Pixelnet each LSP controller can actually contain multiple physical controllers such as your dumb string controllers for your minitrees (you need more of those by the way ;)). Now if you are using LOR controllers in their native protocol you would have to make the controller just 16 channel for example. It might be helpful to mention the reason you didn't use the channels after string 11 is that you didn't have enough left over to do the complete strand for string 12 and started string 12 on a second smarthub using universe 2. You could actually use some of those leftover channels for other Smartstring elements if you had some small enough to fit in that channel range. My setup is similar to yours except I don't create the "extra channel" controllers. I just know where my DMX elements channel count ends and where I started my pixelnet channels to have a little room in case I add more DMX elements. Off to watch your 2nd video!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, »
50 ms is what the Conductor and Xlights uses. I just go ahead and create a grid of .05 on new sequences and start each effect at the nearest grid line. I haven't used layers as of yet. Still too old school I guess. I never saw a difference using "Sequencer" live playback when set to the default 30ms or 50ms.

Offline animal

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, »
I fell off the couch when the windows error popped up. :)    Your video is a good way to show that as long as you are using DMX protocol or Pixelnet each LSP controller can actually contain multiple physical controllers such as your dumb string controllers for your minitrees (you need more of those by the way ;)). Now if you are using LOR controllers in their native protocol you would have to make the controller just 16 channel for example. It might be helpful to mention the reason you didn't use the channels after string 11 is that you didn't have enough left over to do the complete strand for string 12 and started string 12 on a second smarthub using universe 2. You could actually use some of those leftover channels for other Smartstring elements if you had some small enough to fit in that channel range. My setup is similar to yours except I don't create the "extra channel" controllers. I just know where my DMX elements channel count ends and where I started my pixelnet channels to have a little room in case I add more DMX elements. Off to watch your 2nd video!

Yeah, but did you see how cool, and smooooooth I closed that pop up.

<la..
I kind of shot from the hip and did this on a whim. I'll make up some cheat sheets, and take some notes to refer to next time.

animal

Offline kfxi

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, »
I just found your videos and they seem to be very helpful. I just purchased my Light Show program, and I am trying to convert from Vixen to LSP.  Could you do a video that shows how to do the setup and walk us through all the buttons and how to set up our first sequences.  I feel like if I could get  by the initial setup that then using your more advanced videos I could have a very good show.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Ken

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, »
There are a lot of training videos on LSP's forum on their website here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, »
There are a lot of training videos on LSP's forum on their website here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

+1

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, »
I dare anyone do a drinking game and every time animal says "all right" you take a sip of beer...   ;D

Thanks for taking the time to do the vids.  Great info.  Your enthusiasm shows.   I think you're spot on that LSP really allows a user to do things how YOU want to do them. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline animal

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, »
I dare anyone do a drinking game and every time animal says "all right" you take a sip of beer...   ;D

Thanks for taking the time to do the vids.  Great info.  Your enthusiasm shows.   I think you're spot on that LSP really allows a user to do things how YOU want to do them.

Got it. Let me right this down. Make sure wife gets a lot of beer. Perfect.

<la..
 Your right. I think we can have enough beer for everyone with all the ums and all rights. I'll have to remember this on the next video.
                    Thanks.

I just found your videos and they seem to be very helpful. I just purchased my Light Show program, and I am trying to convert from Vixen to LSP.  Could you do a video that shows how to do the setup and walk us through all the buttons and how to set up our first sequences.  I feel like if I could get  by the initial setup that then using your more advanced videos I could have a very good show.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Like keitha43 and t.jo13 has posted. There is a lot of training videos and also a lot of good people that can help with any questions over at Light Show Pro. Take the time to watch all the videos. You'll get a lot of your questions answered.

animal
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, by animal »

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, »
Hi all,

Haven't been here for quite a while and just trying to catch up.

We are trying to make the videos easier to locate. Be sure to visit the LSP forum and then click on the "New Virtual Classroom" in the main menu bar on any page. We in process of continually updating these. Hopefully the new reformat helps locate them easier.

Thanks
Mike