Author Topic: Case cutout issue  (Read 2347 times)

Offline diceman3807

Case cutout issue
« on: July 18, 2013, »
I have FINALLY put together my DMX tester, but i've run into an issue. I have downloaded and printed the cutout guide for the case, but it appears to be scaled down a bit when I print it out (it doesn't line up with the parts...)

Does anyone have a version not in PDF that I can possibly scale up or some other way that I could setup the cutouts. ..I haven't found an easy way to scale it up in Win8 (AARRRGH...)

Jon

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Case cutout issue
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, »
I've found that pdf actually makes this situation better.

make sure your printer driver, or your print request is not trying to scale the output.

if you have no other choice, view the pdf at 100% scale, do a screen capture -- SHIFT-PRTSCN and paste it into MSPAINT.  Then crop it to contain ONLY the part you want printed, and print that resulting (smaller) bitmap out with no scaling, and small borders.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline diceman3807

Re: Case cutout issue
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, »
Thanks for the help. I actually took part of your suggestion, and then stopped using the Win8 PDF viewer and downloaded the Adobe Reader which gave me the sizing option...

Thanks for helping me get out of the Win8 funk!