Author Topic: Power supply for EtherDongle?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline ghethco

Power supply for EtherDongle?
« on: July 27, 2013, »
Just finished assembling my EtherDongle.  I have a Pickit 3 programmer on order.  The only other thing pending is the power supply.  I may have misplaced something, but I didn't find one with the parts I got from the coop.  Was there supposed to be one?  I would have just asked the coop manager, but I also found that the instructions didn't mention the power supply at all, so I'm a bit mystified.  I did find a reference in one of the noob help posts that it is 6V, 0.8A.   I can buy one of course, but I'm a little surprised that at least the specs aren't documented in the instructions, leading me to believe that either 1) it was in with the coop parts and I misplaced it or 2) you don't even need one.  I know the USB dongle is powered through the USB, but I don't think it is possible to power a board through ethernet.

Gary

Offline ghethco

Re: Power supply for EtherDongle?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, »
[blush] Never mind.  It is listed in the BOM near the end.  I found it mixed up with some of my DIY drones stuff.  Too many hobbies :-)

Gary

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, »
Those drones will get you every time. LOL

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I did find a reference in one of the noob help posts that it is 6V, 0.8A.   I can buy one of course, but I'm a little surprised that at least the specs aren't documented in the instructions

I know you found your power supply, but I figured I'd go ahead and post the specs off mine:

Input: 120VAC 60Hz 15W
Output: 6VDC 1000mA
1/8" plug (black)

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline gjbankos

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, »
Where did you get the pickit3 from?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login