Author Topic: express firmware for older versions  (Read 1053 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
express firmware for older versions
« on: July 27, 2013, »
Is there only one express firmware that works for all versions of the LE?  In the wiki I can only find firmware listed with the V5.  Also I do not see the V1-v4 assembly manuals listed anywhere.  I would expect them to be in the discontinued hardware section, but nada.  If the v5 firmware works for v3 and v4 there should be a note to that effect in the wiki.  Maybe there is, but I have not found it.  I'm starting to get all my equipment out to test and cleanup any issues so need to know.

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

Re: express firmware for older versions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, »
The previous manuals are in the wiki.  Just go to the Express and under assembly manual you should see the link for previous manuals.  That will take you to a table that has the links for the rest of the assembly manuals for the previous versions.  The firmware is the same for all versions and I agree that the description should make that more clear.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, »
Thanks Tom.  Found the manuals.  Will load the v5 firmware and see what happens with my v4 that is currently on the bench.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, »
V5 firmware in my V4 works fine.  But I forgot how to get the vixen and xlights to test stuff with my USB dongle. LOL.  At least I got it all working with my ETD.  1 down 13 to go for the LE's then to start converting my existing SSCs to v3 while I wait for my v4s to arrive.  Looks like I will have excess LEs after adding more pixels so I will have a few I can sell off.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA