Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 860 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Suggestions
« on: July 29, 2013, »
In the "new music sequence dialog", it would be good to have message (“Using contents of c:\xLights”) in the dialog.  I did not understand at the time why that option was greyed out -- it turned out that I had no music in the directory.
Suggestion -- do not grey-out the option for a new music sequence.  The drop-down will be empty, so the user will see the problem.

Next...
In the visualizer, it would be nice to “center” the image.  I created a tree with 32 strings of 1 pixel, and it placed it at the bottom of the visualizer region.  It was difficult to see the tiny pixels.  The same was true for a string.

More...
I have a RGB object (3 channels) that made with a 10ft pex tube containing a dumb flex string.  I’d like to build a tree using these tubes – much like the old mega trees – but using RGB.  The visualizer shows these as small pixels regardless if I define the model as a tree (32x 1-pixel strings) or a single string of 32 pixels.    My suggestion: if specifying a tree, then draw a line from the base to the top -- and subdivide that line to segments -- equivalent to the number of pixels.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In the "new music sequence dialog", it would be good to have message (“Using contents of c:\xLights”) in the dialog.  I did not understand at the time why that option was greyed out -- it turned out that I had no music in the directory.
Suggestion -- do not grey-out the option for a new music sequence.  The drop-down will be empty, so the user will see the problem.

Next...
In the visualizer, it would be nice to “center” the image.  I created a tree with 32 strings of 1 pixel, and it placed it at the bottom of the visualizer region.  It was difficult to see the tiny pixels.  The same was true for a string.

More...
I have a RGB object (3 channels) that made with a 10ft pex tube containing a dumb flex string.  I’d like to build a tree using these tubes – much like the old mega trees – but using RGB.  The visualizer shows these as small pixels regardless if I define the model as a tree (32x 1-pixel strings) or a single string of 32 pixels.    My suggestion: if specifying a tree, then draw a line from the base to the top -- and subdivide that line to segments -- equivalent to the number of pixels.
all good ideas

we will see that we can get them implemented

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, »
Thank you Steve for this post... I just ran into the same "feature" where I had no music files in my xlights directory and the new sequence was greyed out. Now that I moved my music over, I can continue to play around with the onsets and follow the tutorial from the other week. 

+1 for the request on selecting directory where your music is located.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Next...

More...
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -