Author Topic: WTB AA1064/N2,112 LED Display Drivers LED DRVR 4DGT W/I2C For Express  (Read 3884 times)

Offline animal

Ok,
  I know this part has gone basically obsolete. It's the led display driver AA1064/n2,112 for the express. I need 2 for a couple of express boards. I'll take 3 or 4 for extras. If anyone has any to part with or if anyone knows where to get them. I've run out of places to look.

Thanks,
                                                    animal

Offline peteandvanessa

I haven't tried to order but there's a few on ebay for sale (coming from China), the part is $4 and $3.50 for shipping.

Offline mmccrae

• Coop Manager
    • The McCrae's Light Show
animal,

The surface mount version will work with this adapter board and they are available from mouser:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mike,
Spring,TX
Mike,
Conroe, TX

Offline RJ

• Administrator
That will not work. That creates a .3 in wide dip. The saa1064 is .6 in wide.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline peteandvanessa

That will not work. That creates a .3 in wide dip. The saa1064 is .6 in wide.

RJ

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the SAA1064 is 0.6 inches wide, that's about 15mm wide.

The adapter that Mike suggested is also 15mm wide, so it sounds about right, or am I missing something ?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Ok them maybe it is correct. Most of them create a standard wide chip but the saa1064 we use is a wider package.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Ok them maybe it is correct. Most of them create a standard wide chip but the saa1064 we use is a wider package.

RJ

Still a problem it is 28 pin and we use 24 pin.

RJ

Offline peteandvanessa

There's few available here:

And this guy in Germany has (currently) 174 in stock, they are $3.70 per chip and $5.30 for shipping.

Offline mmccrae

• Coop Manager
    • The McCrae's Light Show
RJ,

The adapter comes un-assembled with two options of SOP packages, as for the 28 dip you just clip the ends and you have a 24 DIP package.

Mike
Spring, TX
Mike,
Conroe, TX

Offline RJ

• Administrator

Offline animal

There's few available here:

And this guy in Germany has (currently) 174 in stock, they are $3.70 per chip and $5.30 for shipping.

I was able to put my hands on 5 of them. That  will get the rest of mine together and gives me some extra.

Animal

Offline DonFL

I'm realizing it was dumb luck when I added in a couple extra the last time I ordered LE parts from Mouser.

My question would be, how often does that display chip ever fail? I don't recall hearing of anyone having one die, so thinking one spare suffices for a few years, two probably for a lifetime. 

Offline tbone321

That is a very rare occurence when it fails.  Most of the failures that I have seen here are when the chip is first installled which indicates to me either a defective chip or the builder accidently zapped it with a static charge when installing it.  The only other issue that I would expect would be if either an insect or excess humidity were to short out some of its pins.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rm357

Most of the issues we have dealt with on the forum have been related to the soldering of the capacitor due to the cover material extending down onto the leads... I haven't heard of any chip failures.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
That is a very rare occurence when it fails.  Most of the failures that I have seen here are when the chip is first installled which indicates to me either a defective chip or the builder accidently zapped it with a static charge when installing it.  The only other issue that I would expect would be if either an insect or excess humidity were to short out some of its pins.

When did these happen?

I could not recall or find anything on the forum where this has happened.

RJ