Author Topic: Minleon Express vs. Lynx Express?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline moodytx

• Moody Family Christmas
Minleon Express vs. Lynx Express?
« on: August 07, 2013, »
During the LSH Academy, I received a Minleon Express 16 channel AC board (dmx connected).

I figured most of it out such as tst mode and how to set the starting dmx channel number. After that, not a clue. Reading LE hardware forum it sounds like this is a similar/clone. The tst mode produces the same results.

What I don't know is how to set the dmx universe for starters.

Also, something weird happened. I had my laptop running, connected via e1.31 to my j1sys d2 then to the ME. I was using xLights to run a simple 4 channel chase. I walked off and left it running but forgot to plug in the laptop. When I got back to it, the laptop had powered off and of course the chase halted. However physical output 2 was still lit up.

Now output 2 is stuck on.I can power off and on and 2 comes on. Output to the board from xLights has no effect. I can put the board in tst mode and the test runs as expected with all LED's doing what they should do.

Being new to this board and not having any docs or history on this board, I was hoping someone might point me in the right direction. First guess is a bad triac. What would be the best/safest way troubleshoot?

Thanks for looking

Bob

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Happy Lights!
Bob and Sandra

Offline drlucas

Re: Minleon Express vs. Lynx Express?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, »
.....modified my post, wasn't aware of the commercial support arrangement. Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, by drlucas »
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, »
The other thing that RJ has said repeatedly is that tech support for the minleon board must come from minleaon and not from this board.   Minleon is supposed to be offering all the tech support you should need.  Sorry for being blunt, but it is what it is.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline drlucas

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, »
Thanks for the warning Jim. I've modified my above post accordingly.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -