Author Topic: V4 PIC part number: manual is right -- PCB is not  (Read 959 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
More head scratching...  I was about to set the "Device" in the PICkit3 programmer software, and looked at the picture of the PCB in front of me...  it says PIC24F04KA201.  But from memory it didn't seem right.
The page referring to the user guide reports the part as PIC24F04KA200.  The manual also says PIC24F04KA200.
I pulled out my magnifying glasses and found the correct answer is...   PIC24F04KA200.
So wiki and manual are right --  the picture and PCB are wrong.
Maybe the first few pictures in the manual can be doctored to overwrite the 201 with 200 -- making it clear that the PCB was wrong.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: V4 PIC part number: manual is right -- PCB is not
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, »
Steve you are correct it is a PIC24F04KA200.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, »
Yup there is a typo on the silk screen for the PIC part number. The pictures in the wiki are from the beta board. Does the coop boards also have the same typo?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, »
Yup there is a typo on the silk screen for the PIC part number. The pictures in the wiki are from the beta board. Does the coop boards also have the same typo?

Rick R.
I didn't discover the problem until I had built all of my SSCv4s -- so I've covered that part of the board and can no longer tell.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, »

Rick R.
I didn't discover the problem until I had built all of my SSCv4s -- so I've covered that part of the board and can no longer tell.

No Problem, I made a small update to the pictures in the wiki. Hopefully that helps and we will have to have RJ update the silk screen if needed on the next run of the pcbs.

Thanks for letting us know

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, »

Rick R.
The coop boards also have the same typo.  I pulled the PIC to look under the socket.