Author Topic: Technicolor WS2811 string wanna-be  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Technicolor WS2811 string wanna-be
« on: August 19, 2013, »
In a discussion in San Antonio yesterday, I mentioned that a similar string to the all-black UV-protected strings was available from Ray:

Here are the UV-rated:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here are the transparent, with visible wire colors, with the same tie-downs, and seemingly same characteristics:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The UV are $0.55 per pixel, the transparent are $0.40.

The UV are rated at IP68, the transparent are rated at IP66.

I've not yet tried either string... but I am waiting for my UV strings to arrive.  Has anyone tried the transparent?  Is the IP66 rating a mistake in the web page, or are there more differences between the products?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline keitha43

Re: Technicolor WS2811 string wanna-be
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, »
I see ip67 on the 2nd link. It appears to be made of the softer silicone which allows water to get inside due to its flexability. I am curious if yours works. Two of us tried all wiring combinations and couldn't get the ws2811 version to work. I didn't have any of the v2 ssc's. Mine were v3. I am wondering if Ray used a different speed setting on the ws2811 he sent to the San Antonio group than the original sample sent to me by the inventor.

Offline txburr

Technicolor WS2811 string wanna-be
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, »
Thanks for sharing  those links Steve. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, »
I do know that the true Technicolor WS2811 chips are set @ 2700kbs. Don't know what the SSCs are capable of, but I hope this helps.

Offline barbotte

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, »
what wrong with those Chinese people .. they finally have a decent product that should last the weather and they have to mod it and make a lower grade product ... people will buy this lower product without knowing that next year they will fail and will have to buy again ... go figure
cheer