Author Topic: DMX Addressable Wireless relay control *Help*  (Read 1902 times)

Offline nbjeter3

So here is the scenario:

We are building a yard train to add to a friend's Christmas light show. I have 2 12V Low RPM motors, and I Have found a 12V Wireless Relay control board for turning it on and off, but now I need to make the handheld controller into DMX addressable controller to turn the whole rig on and off during/in-between shows. Can anyone help?
Here is what I am starting with:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oh and the whole unit will be powered by a deep-cycle Marine battery.

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
Re: DMX Addressable Wireless relay control *Help*
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, »
The transmitter has two buttons on it.  You should be able to open it up and wire a small relay across each button.  The relay would be driven by some sort of controller.  I'd use something like an MR16 or some other DMX to DC-load controller.  If you have AC available for the transmitter side, an SSR4 or spare channel on an LE driving an AC relay (or DC relay and transformer-based wall wart) would work.  Just don't dim that channel.  Turn it either full on or full off.

/mike

Offline rm357

DMX Addressable Wireless relay control *Help*
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, »
A dumb string controller or one of the three channel DMX  DC controllers that available from other vendors would work well to turn the relays on and off. As mentioned in an earlier post, do not dim the relays. Also, you want to either get the relays with a diode built in or add a small diode to the relay to absorb the negative voltage spike that will be created by the relay coil when the relay is turned off.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline rm357

DMX Addressable Wireless relay control *Help*
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This page has a little circuit diagram about halfway down the page. If using a DSC, MR16, or another DMX DC controller, R1 and T1 are already part of the controller. All you need to add is the relay with the "fly back" diode.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA