Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 668 times)

Offline zwiller

Thanks
« on: August 20, 2013, »
I have an annual band reunion show Saturday and was going through my gear I had put away for some time.  An old bass that didn't work, a pair of stage monitors with tweeters blown, and nearly a dozen various cords in disrepair.  Not entirely sure why, but I decided to tear open the monitors to satisfy my curiosity, and to my amazement the horns were not blown but rather the fuses in the crossover.  Called mfgr, soldered new ones in, and they were fixed for $11.00...  Decided to tackle the electronics of the bass and to my surprise I fixed it on the first try from a schematic on the web.  Last night soldered up the cables that sat around broken for ages.   All which now work and I did not spend a dime on them to fix.  I guess the point of this is that throughout learning about blinky here I picked up more knowledge and experience with electronic gear and soldering that helped in other ways.  Thanks! 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, »
That is a interesting thing about hobbies in general.

You learn new skills and problem solving that in the past, problems you would never attempt to fix or think it would be possible.

When my family, co-workers etc ask how do I know that I said its from my hobby degree.

So congrats on getting your Hobby Degree

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, »
Great job Sam! Congrats on getting everything working again.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, »
Hobby degree?  I like it.  I guess I've earned it.  I have to laugh when I see my previous attempts of soldering...   :o   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  I have to laugh when I see my previous attempts of soldering...   :o   

LMAO I agree, mine was horrible, but even then, I was able to get everything to work.....eventually!  <fp.