Author Topic: vixen 2.5 rgb/rgw to vixen 3.0 Element?  (Read 1617 times)

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
vixen 2.5 rgb/rgw to vixen 3.0 Element?
« on: August 24, 2013, »
Hi All

Really excited about this Vixen 3.0.Been going through and doing all the setup to convert my show.Its a bit of work, but I can see how its actually a pretty efficient/abstracted process.I'm stuck on how to convert my RGB/RGW elements over to Vixen 3.0.

So to start with my RGB pixel megatree.In Vixen 2.5 I had three channels for each pixel. I have a fair amount of work in the manual patterns I did, and don't want to loose them.How can 3 channels RGB be combined into a color for a single Node element?

2nd problem.I used to have Reg Green and White mini incandescent on trees.This year I am switching to Dumb Strings.So each tree is now just 1 element, that can be any color.So i guess this is really the same thing as my first question, just RGW instead of RGB.If this is not possible now, is it currently on the list to be added?

On a side note,My preview works, when i convert existing vixen files, but when i try to create a new sequence i get nothing.I noticed that, when i drag an effect onto the sequence, and then edit it, it stays grey and doesn't show any white/pattern?Is this a bug or am i missing something??

Thanks
Boucher Family Lights
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline abell

Re: vixen 2.5 rgb/rgw to vixen 3.0 Element?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, »
I am willing to bet you can't combine your channels from 2.5 to 3. Unless you were to tweak some XML file somewhere... idk

As for the gray bar issue, I am getting the same error. It's a bit scary to think we are in August and I can't get a preview feature to work Vixen 3. I really don't want to buy Light Show Pro, but I may not have a choice.

Adam

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, »
Yeah, this post has sat without an answer for a while.
Kinda think thats a funny odd thing not to be able to do.
I mean, Vixen 3 already has a function to split a color into the RGB components in the output stage, so its the same conversion just in reverse.
Boucher Family Lights

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, »
FYI, the answer is it does it automatically. Just map the 3 2.x version channels to the same element and it figures out the rest. So simple I missed it right in front of my eyes.
Boucher Family Lights