Author Topic: Question about distance between nodes  (Read 982 times)

Offline Kasey911

Question about distance between nodes
« on: August 25, 2013, »
Hey gang,

I've decided to start on a new project but was wondering if my idea is going to work.  Before I order anything from Ray, I thought I'd pick your brains and see if I'm asking for trouble.

What is like to know is if I order pixels with 2 meter spacing, will I have problems with the SSC v4 controlling them.  I'm looking at having no more than 15 nodes per SSC.

Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

Kasey
~Kasey~

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Question about distance between nodes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, »
Once you get the data from the SSC to the first node. Its the nodes regenerating the data.
2 meters is about 6 1/2 feet. I am not sure off the top of my head of the max distance between the SSC and the 1 node but I know v4 is the best with that.

You might need to inject power for that distance.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, »
I was able to get 6 feet without an issue with the v4 on a 104 node (Regular) with 8" spacing between nodes. Like Rick said might have to inject power, but I think you will be ok.

Offline Kasey911

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, »
Cool, thanks guys. I think I'll try cutting up one of my strings first and adding some wire between nodes just to make sure things work before I order.
~Kasey~

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, »
I believe the OP was asking for the distance between nodes. Not from ssc to 1st node. 2 meters might be an issue.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, »
If 2 meters doesn't work maybe you could do 1 meter and only light up every other node and the other nodes will just be signal regenerators?

Offline Kasey911

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, »
Thanks for the input.  I will be hacking up some of my existing nodes to see if the spacing will work. Having the "null" nodes is a good idea if the spacing is too much.
~Kasey~