Software > Vixen+

Vixen+

(1/5) > >>

macebobo:
Hello everyone.  My name is John McAdams (AKA Macebobo, pronounced Mac E Bo Bo) and I am the author of Vixen+.

I have been involved in Animated, synchronized Christmas lights since 2008, starting with a embedded controller on my indoor tree.  My display then grew from there after showing a co-worker what I had done.  He introduced me to doityourselfchristmas.com and I was there from 2009 until February of this year (when I was banned - long story, PM me for more details.)  I am usually on diychristmas.org, the official home of Vixen+

What is Vixen+?
Well, it's best to go to our site at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to find out - but in a nutshell, it is a Vixen 2.1 and Vixen 2.5 compatible sequence with a lot of new features.  It is a work in progress, but is released in Beta now.  You can find the latest version at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Please, feel free to ask me anything about vixen+ and I look forward to being part of your community.

-- John

PS - How would I go about getting a sub-forum for Vixen+?

mms:
I enjoyed your presentation today.

I meant to ask if Vixen + supports the use of VIR/routine files?  I wrote a program that generates RGB effects and saves the file in Vixen's routine directory.

Thank you for the info.

Steve

macebobo:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI enjoyed your presentation today.

I meant to ask if Vixen + supports the use of VIR/routine files?  I wrote a program that generates RGB effects and saves the file in Vixen's routine directory.

Thank you for the info.

Steve

--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  Yes, there is a slight bug in the current version, but I am doing a release later today that fixes it.  The bug is basically an error is thrown if there are not any routines in the routine directory.

mms:
That is excellent news.  I shouldn't have that problem.  Thanks again.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Vixen+ evolves.

tbone321:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
PS - How would I go about getting a sub-forum for Vixen+?

--- End quote ---

That would be up to RJ but I would think it better if this area were subdivided into thee subsections such as Vixen 2.X, Vixen+, and Vixen3.X because even though they all have the same basic name, they really are very different products in what they can do and how they do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version