Author Topic: Vixen+  (Read 10623 times)

Offline fslopez1950

Re: Vixen+
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, »
Thanks, John for the quick fix.

I realized that I have to copy first my old profile  to the V+ profile folder. Also copy the mp3s to the V+ audio folder and V2.1 sequences to V+ sequence folder. After doing this I could open my old Vixen 2.1 sequences with all the trimmings channels and audio already loaded up and can preview and modify my sequences.

Everything is going smooth and will report of any bug that i encounter.

Thanks, Fernando

Offline macebobo

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks, John for the quick fix.

I realized that I have to copy first my old profile  to the V+ profile folder. Also copy the mp3s to the V+ audio folder and V2.1 sequences to V+ sequence folder. After doing this I could open my old Vixen 2.1 sequences with all the trimmings channels and audio already loaded up and can preview and modify my sequences.

Everything is going smooth and will report of any bug that i encounter.

Thanks, Fernando

Excellent!  I am glad it is working out for you!  If you find a bug, you'll get credit for reporting it in the program credits (Go to about and then click on the Vixen+ {Beta} text.) :D
E-mail for Vixen+ support to: support at vixenplus dot com

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, »
John,
I am really liking this. Thank you very much.
How do I get the clock timer to appear? I don't see an option for it and I use it a lot.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline macebobo

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, »
John,
I am really liking this. Thank you very much.
How do I get the clock timer to appear? I don't see an option for it and I use it a lot.

John

Glad you're enjoying it.

Can you show me what you are seeing in V+, I am seeing the tick marks (clock timer) in my instance.  They are the same location, but maybe your audio background color and the tick mark color are the same, making them invisible?  You can change the waveform background color to a dark color and you should see the white tick marks.  I will note this as a bug, since the tick color should automatically adjust to a good contrast color.

To change the background color, Click the Tools menu, then preferences, then Screen and Colors, then double click the Waveform Background in the Customizable Colors screen and select a dark color.  Finally, click Okay and you should see the new color.  Let me know if this helps.

-- John

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, »
John,
That was it! I changed the waveform background and everything is good.
Thank you for the super fast response.
I am your neighbor. I live about 15 miles east of you in Sandy.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline macebobo

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, »
John,
That was it! I changed the waveform background and everything is good.
Thank you for the super fast response.
I am your neighbor. I live about 15 miles east of you in Sandy.

John

You will have to come the NW mini next year we put on at our home.  PM me when you're show is up and we'll come by and take a look.  Glad it all worked out for you.  Thanks for finding the bug for me :D

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, »
i copied my files from vixen 2.1 into the data folder for vixen+, I can see them in the folder but when I go to view profile they are not showing up when the program is running. when I open an existing 2.1 sequence, the timer shows the correct time but will not play any audio without going in and reassigning the audio to the sequence. but with no profiles showing up, there are no channels or colors in the sequence. I attached the current profile from last years show and one of my sequences as well. when I first try to open the sequence, I get and error message for plug ins on the pixelnet and  etherdongle. I attached a pic of the error message
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline macebobo

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, »
When I open your wizards.vix sequence, I am seeing the same behavior.  So I opened the raw file and noted that it was not attached to a profile.  I have done that and attached it here in a zip file as it is quite a bit larger now that it has some event values.

The information message you're seeing is telling you that it does not have those output plugins installed (which is correct, I have not written those two yet and it is good to know what people need.)  You can safely ignore that message and I will put the PixelNet and EatherDongle plugins on my list to implement for next year.

If you run into this with another other sequences, you can go to the View menu, then Profiles, then Attach sequence to profile.  Select your profile from the list and click okay.  All should then be good.

-- John