Author Topic: Xrays and PIC  (Read 1123 times)

Offline drlucas

Xrays and PIC
« on: September 01, 2013, »
So the latest SSR coop....my pic appears to not be flashed....I assume the issue is the xray machine going through customs...needless to say the little pic pro socket board I got when I got my programmer just proved to be the most useful tool in the toolbox. A quick flash of the pic and I'm 1 for 1 in the SSR build category. lessons learned, if you are getting something through customs and don't have a pic programmer and socket board...get one!!! or become buds with one who lives real close by!

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline tbone321

Re: Xrays and PIC
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, »
Actually, if you read the heading from the coop, it clearly states that the PIC's will NOT be programmed so you gt your PIC's in an unflashed state.  I really doubt that an X-ray machine would be able to deprogram a flashed PIC without actually damaging it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline doubleeaz

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, »
xrays have no effect on programmed state of a PIC.  It has the same type of memory as that in your mobile phone, tablet or any other electronics.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, »
Gotcha...thanks for the clarification. I'll limit my exposure and my devices to xrays in the future though...just to be on the safe side....

Also then, that sucks there are no header pins for flashing the pic on the SSR, but now that I'm catching on here, and have some new tools, i'm learning lots...apparently, still not learning how to read the COOP rules completely (or the story i'll stick with is i'm getting old and being part of so many coops this year I've forgotten which ones had the pics programmed and which ones didn't).

cheers!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -