Author Topic: Sean snuck in version 3.1.4 !!! and custom models got a lot easier  (Read 1845 times)

Offline JonB256

• My website
I looked at the Releases list this morning and found version 3.1.4 sitting there.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Matt has been busy with more Model and Preview goodies.
Now, in Preview, you can change the angle of your Horizontal and Vertical Lines (to match house angles or make non-rectangular shapes)
There is a COPY feature!  Make one model and get it right, then Copy. Change the Name and Start Channel and save.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
I looked at the Releases list this morning and found version 3.1.4 sitting there.

Matt has been busy with more Model and Preview goodies.
Now, in Preview, you can change the angle of your Horizontal and Vertical Lines (to match house angles or make non-rectangular shapes)
There is a COPY feature!  Make one model and get it right, then Copy. Change the Name and Start Channel and save.

I planned on the release announcement today after I make a video to help explain some of the new features.

Feel free to play with it until then.

All of the content for this release is from Matt brown. He has been busy
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dkulp

The hlsIdata import got removed again....  I just pushed the change back.

Not sure why it keeps getting removed...  It might be my fault.   I was just editing the xLights/xLightsMain.cpp file to add it, but it looks like the same string exists in the xLights/wxsmith/xLightsframe.wxs.   I just updated that as well.   Hopefully this won't keep happening.

Offline smeighan

The hlsIdata import got removed again....  I just pushed the change back.

Not sure why it keeps getting removed...  It might be my fault.   I was just editing the xLights/xLightsMain.cpp file to add it, but it looks like the same string exists in the xLights/wxsmith/xLightsframe.wxs.   I just updated that as well.   Hopefully this won't keep happening.

I dont know why it was not there. i pulled your changes, built a new 3.1.4 and posted it. hlsdata is there now as an input in the CONVERT tab.

Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
Great addition for customs!

After creating a custom model for my roof line (long straight section and then one large gable), I'm having an issue using 'Bars' Effect to have the lights chase each other in different colors.  When I use the 'Up' direction the long straight portion of the string is treated as all the same color since it is on the same horizontal plane.   The fix to this is to use 'left' or 'right' direction instead. 

I then went on to create a custom model for my sidewalk in the shape of an L.  When I use the 'Up' direction the horizontal portion of my 'L' is treated as all the same color since is on the same horizontal plane.  When I use the 'Left/Right' direction the vertical portion of my 'L' is treated as all the same color since is on the same vertical plane. 

(Hopefully this description paints a good picture of what was happening)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, by txag2008 »

Offline drlucas

Special ask....can you post a Mac version too? 3.1.1 is the last version...hoping the preview is supported.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline dkulp

I've been trying to keep the Mac builds in sync with the windows versions, but I don't have access to edit the page.  They are all available directly on my site:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

book marked for future reference - thank you!! just downloaded, now will test on the mac without having to drop down to bootcamp. thanks!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline smeighan

I've been trying to keep the Mac builds in sync with the windows versions, but I don't have access to edit the page.  They are all available directly on my site:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

what does 3.1.2 vs 3.1.2b vs 3.1.2c contain. which one should i point at?

i will also include your link on web page.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
the custom models were broken in 3.1.4.  my 50-pixel coroflakes, and my 95-pixel star-within-a-star-within-a-star models are now represented as 1-pixel custom objects.

...creating a ticket within github.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline dkulp

what does 3.1.2 vs 3.1.2b vs 3.1.2c contain. which one should i point at?

i will also include your link on web page.

Those were experiments as I tried to get it working on OSX 10.6.8.   3.1.1/3.1.2 only would work on 10.8.   3.1.2b worked on 10.7 (I think).   3.1.2c was the first that we verified worked on 10.6.8.  All the same code, just different settings in XCode and different versions of the libraries linked in to get it working.  If on 10.8, it wouldn't really matter what version you use.   If on an older version of OSX, grab the 3.1.2c (or preferably the 3.1.4 build).

One note to the Mac users:  resize the window a bit larger before hitting the Nutcracker tab or the pane on the left may end up screwed up a bit.  Known issue, but I have no idea how to fix that in wxWidgets or make the default window size a bit bigger.

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
After creating a custom model for my roof line (long straight section and then one large gable), I'm having an issue using 'Bars' Effect to have the lights chase each other in different colors.  When I use the 'Up' direction the long straight portion of the string is treated as all the same color since it is on the same horizontal plane.   The fix to this is to use 'left' or 'right' direction instead. 

I then went on to create a custom model for my sidewalk in the shape of an L.  When I use the 'Up' direction the horizontal portion of my 'L' is treated as all the same color since is on the same horizontal plane.  When I use the 'Left/Right' direction the vertical portion of my 'L' is treated as all the same color since is on the same vertical plane. 

(Hopefully this description paints a good picture of what was happening)

Anyone else trying to do something similar with a custom shaped string that isn't all in one plane?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
the custom models were broken in 3.1.4.  my 50-pixel coroflakes, and my 95-pixel star-within-a-star-within-a-star models are now represented as 1-pixel custom objects.

...creating a ticket within github.

After Thursday's tutorial I learned that the custom model file data had changed in 3.1.4.  it was expected that the old versions would no longer work.

I redid my models and everything now works as expected -- thanks!!  I closed the github ticket.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro