Author Topic: SSR4 Progamming PIC Error  (Read 1960 times)

Offline testylefty

SSR4 Progamming PIC Error
« on: September 07, 2013, »
Hello:

Trying to program the PIC for the SSR with a PICKit2 and an ICSP20A adapter with jumpers put in the "D" position and I am getting the following error message:

"vdd and vpp voltage level errors check target and retry operation"

Can anyone help me with this one?  All that is left is for me to get the darn PIC programmed.  Thanks.

Colin

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Re: SSR4 Progamming PIC Error
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, »
This sounds like a problem more with the ICSP adapter rather than with the SSR4.

You might consider posting this problem over at the Joshua Systems forum:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

\dmc

Offline drlucas

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, »
You program any other PICs with that before?  dmaccole's advice is good. I have a different adapter (similar but different), but once I downloaded the pdf and read that I was in Group C, I put on the jumper, flipped the orientation of the PIC and I was rocking with PICKit3 in no time. Make sure your reading the right pic # and finding the right group. Not 100% sure I have much more to offer. hope you get this going though!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, »
Every time I have gotten that error, I have missed one jumper or I have put the PIC in backwards.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline testylefty

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, »
Thanks all for the suggestions - yes I have successfully programmed all of my pics for the wireless dmx devices I have and had no problems.  I will look into all of your suggestions and then post back once I get a solution.  My gut feeling is a bad ICSP adapter.

Colin

Offline testylefty

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, »
OK - I hate to admit it but I had a dumba..... attack.  When you buy a 20 pin ICSP adapter and want to program an 18 pin pic, you have to put the 18 pin pic in the right place on the ICSP adapter which for me means not all the way up front but back one set of terminal.  Lesson learned and hopefully no one else makes this same mistake.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, »
Not a blonde moment at all...glad you got it! I had mine in backwards....so that was my mistake. hopefully the rest of the SSR build was a success for you!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK - I hate to admit it but I had a dumba..... attack.  When you buy a 20 pin ICSP adapter and want to program an 18 pin pic, you have to put the 18 pin pic in the right place on the ICSP adapter which for me means not all the way up front but back one set of terminal.  Lesson learned and hopefully no one else makes this same mistake.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -