Author Topic: Major release of xlights/Nutcracker: 3.2.0. Non rgb lights  (Read 694 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Matt Brown has again made a content rich release for us.

There are some major technical changes in this release

WARNING!! Techno speak, just skip this section
.. We are now compiling using wxWidgets 2.9.5.
.. We are setting a new compiler option, CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++0x"
.. What does this mean? xLights will be cleaner with minimal memory leaks. xLights already is very slim. It uses < 50mbytes for 20K channels of data to ..     either create effects or to run shows. For users this is another step to keep xlights to be a rock solid program.
END OF WARNING!!. Back to normal speak

So what is in 3.2.0?
You can now build models out of non rgb lights or out of dumb rgb lights.

Here are the release notes

3.2.0:  Sep 09,2013 - Enhancement: (Matt). In the Model creation you can now select type of string that the model will use. There are new
                  string types available. You can pick non-rgb strings. These will use a single channel, For preview purposes you can
                  pick RED, GREEN,BLUE, WHITE as single color strings.
               - Enhancement: (Matt). You can now select a string type that is strobe lights. This light will flash 3 times per second
                  for each bulb.
               - Enhancement: (Matt). You can now pick a multi pointed star as a display element.
               - Enhancement: (Matt). You can select a wreath as a display element.

This weeks Tutorial on Thurs, Sept 12, 7pm MST will cover the changes.

Thanks Matt!

sean
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Justtazz

Sean,

Doing a little playing around today with this I found that if I want to do 4 arches with 4 channels/segments I cant define the segments.  I will see about the tutorial Thursday, if possible to see if I am doing something wrong.

Justin
Justin
Aurora, Co