Author Topic: xLights/Nutcracker Poll: What platform do you design your sequence?  (Read 827 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
What system do you run xLights/Nutcracker on? Last time we did this poll  (sometime last year) the results were 80-90% windows. We are just checking our user base once again. We are committed to 1) Windows XP, 2) Windows 7, 3) Windows 8, 4) MAC, 5) Linux. As we move forward and stay on the latest wxWidgets platform, we will no longer be able to support Mac 10.6.8. You will need to be on MAC 10.7 or higher to stay current with our releases. We are the only sequencing software that releases and tests on 5 platforms. This does make our work a little bit more but we are trying to be as inclusive as possible.

So there will be two polls: This one is what platform do you design your sequence. In my case it is Windows 8. The second poll will be what platform you will play your show. In my case it will be the pi player running on a raspberry pi.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MrChristmas2000

Windows XP is essentially DEAD next year.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Windows XP is essentially DEAD next year.

Someone asked why I don't have windows 98 as a choice. Thatis what he still runs vixen on.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MrChristmas2000

That gives a new meaning to if it ain't broke don't upgrade.  ;D

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
I actually have two machines that I develop on.  A Win7 laptop and a Vista (not in your poll) desktop and then a shared network drive to pass the info back and forth between.
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
I think it's great you guys support at these platforms but it eventually becomes too much of burden to maintain forever.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login