Author Topic: Question on Upgrading  (Read 990 times)

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
Question on Upgrading
« on: September 13, 2013, »
Hello experts :)

I have stayed on version 2.0 for the last 2 seasons due to some of the bugs that came out with newer versions.
My biggest complaint was with the sequencer, but I knew how to fix the 2.0 issues and I didn't have time last season to mess with new issues.

Here is my quesiton.

Is it now worth the upgrade?  Is the scheduler any better?  (I don't have a conductor yet)

What other things makes it worthwhile?

I am currently running about 256 channels and have not turned up my active hub/Pixelnet equipment yet.

Just curious!

Mike
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline keitha43

Re: Question on Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, »
V 2.8 is tentatively to be released on October 1st. Go to their website and there is a virtual classroom that is beginning to populate with videos about the new version. The scheduler has been re-written from the ground up. Some people who were lucky enough to attend the academy saw a preview of the new program I heard as I don't think it was even at the beta stage back then.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, »
Having started with 1.8 myself and now on 2.5 I would say upgrade, as Keith said they are releasing the newest version Oct. first but beyond that I use X-Lights to run my show so I have not had to worry about scheduler problems.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, »
I've used all and now use 2.8 . The scheduler seems to be rock solid and the sequencer is still a puter hog but all in all its worth the upgrade. There is still a few small issues but they are working diligently to fix these things. I'd say do it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, by sirloinofbeef001 »
Its the most wonderful time of the year.