Author Topic: No response from Ray Wu  (Read 21157 times)

Offline arw01

Re: No response from Ray Wu
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2014, »
Got a response back in email already tonight, he's shipping out the correct wall outlet cords.  I'm asking how much more i can put into the box >:D

Offline drlucas

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2014, »
OK - if he is slow, then he's hopefully crazy busy and I'll just follow up a couple times a week and be a pest :)

If these strips (usually I mount them where there are no resistors or LEDs) are that picky, maybe I have to glue them moving forward. I am starting to think this matrix idea, while neat wasn't a good idea.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline arw01

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2014, »
Or maybe try some sort of bridge that will hold the silicon shell but put no pressure on it.  Don't know if you could get  a zip tie through those little silicon clips they sell for this purpose, but maybe a small screw could be used to hold it onto the pvc.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2014, »
My strips held up better than most of the other stuff.  I would use some SSC with test mode to confirm the strips are bad, in case you haven't already. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2014, »
My strips have held up well, but I did put them in clear tubing to protect them from the zip ties and the weather (the a lesser extent).  I have some in smaller tubing and some in 1" tubing.  THe 1" was much easier to fish the flex strips through.  I fished it through in two segments, so its not 100% waterproof, but is protected well.  One strip was bad out of the box, but works fine during the show ... but has a couple LED(s) which stay on when the show is not running.  I think a similar look could be achieved for less $$ using SS nodes.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2014, »
Hmmm. A small set screw may work - but will have to try a few different stops to make sure I don't kill the water proofing. All my recent testing has been pretty much ssc in test mode recently. I gave up on sequencing and back to some basics. I will also check for continuity - not sure if it's gnd, +12 or data that's my issue.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -