Author Topic: No response from Ray Wu  (Read 21138 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: No response from Ray Wu
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Mine just showed up. He told me it would ship within 1 week.

Tom

+ 1  Time to start playing.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, »
Got my quote from Ray.  24 strings of 3 types of nodes.  Not in stock.   :'(  Ray says 2 week delay.  I have plenty to do before I need my lights but it would be nice to have them sooner.   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, »
Nodes that were shipped monday I received today. Yea!
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, »
Got my quote from Ray.  24 strings of 3 types of nodes.  Not in stock.   :'(  Ray says 2 week delay.  I have plenty to do before I need my lights but it would be nice to have them sooner.   ;D

He told me 1 week for my order. I hope that he does not delay any longer! BTW placed my order on Wednesday.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, »
My DHL shipment from Ray arrived yday.....some spare nodes and connectors. Start to finish less than one week. Sadly I wasn't here when the truck arrived so DHL will be back Monday. Once again I'm really content with Ray and his delivery. My order this time around wasn't 20+ strings (oh boy 24 strings must be an impressive display!!!) but still quick quick quick!!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline arw01

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, »
Got my shipping tracking number a couple of days ago and the tracking is up and running, so a bit longer than some, but on the way.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, »
I placed an order sunday night and he said 8 days for shipping. would have been 2 weeks if I went with custom lengths. had no issues with reaching him threw his chat, discussed what I wanted, he had my quote within 10 minutes emailed to me. hope the shipping is as fast as he was with placing my order.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline arw01

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, »
Does everyone normally pay for and get dhl express shipping from China?  My order was $75 for shipping and it comes tomorrow from a Monday notice they had it.  I think i would have been fine with 7-10 days if it was cheaper, but maybe that is not an option?

I get this lovely box tomorrow and no way to control anything and check it out   >:(

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, »
It is almost always DHL.  I did get one very small order by FedEx, but the shipping did not change much.  Shipping international is just expensive and you can't get around that.  I least I have not found a way to do and I used to work for a company that did a lot of shipping to China and Europe.  Because of the companies volume discounts it was cheaper to ship international priority that it was to ship "slow boat"  and slow boat did not just add a few days, but a few weeks.  We are spoiled by our shipping options in the US.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, »
I wish that the person who started this thread would change the title to something else like "Slow response"  instead of no response.  The title seems to imply that Ray is not a good vendor and we know that is not the case.  We also know that they seem to have a fair number of "holidays" in China where no works which slows communications down.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline drlucas

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2013, »
I sure wish Canada had the same number of Holidays!!

LOL!!!

And I agree, Ray is top notch and has proven to me to be VERY reliable. (un)related, I ordered a battery for my MacBook and ordered from laptopbattery dot ca or something like that that appears to be a Canadian site. It ended up pointing back to a place in China that does all laptop batteries and is a knock off type place...after using paypal to buy and go through a dispute process I found out the product was indeed shipped by a boat and after a month is finally landed in San Fran...and will hopefully in another week land up here in Canada. From that vendor I got no response and product will take about 2 months to deliver. That was BAD communications and not reliable...although not a fraud like I was starting to think.....

So the point I'm trying to make outside of I need a vacation.....maybe in November i'll spend a week on a beach in Miami is that Ray's 3-4 day turn around time for DHL shipping to Canada/US is absolutely worth the $30. 

....sorry, I know I made a promise to not post before my coffee, but I just had to here !!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2013, »
Still patiently waiting on my big order ...
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline zwiller

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2013, »
Thanks for the posts, it reminded me I didn't paypal Ray... :o  Done! 

Shipping cost for my order was $96.00 via DHL.  I use Fedex regularly at work and I think Ray's shipping costs are not inflated. 

I think Ray is a sharp guy and has anticipated the big seasonal push and it is aware of the deadlines.  That said, I procrastinated placing my order since my show is evolving at warp speed.  So many options to choose and ideas AND I have been building and testing all year long. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2013, »
fyi, I asked Ray last night via IM about availability of some products.

he told me that he is out of the Technicolor strings, but he is fully stocked with the other items.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2013, »
That sounds good.  I have no worries about Ray whatsoever ... I just worry about my own time in loading 4000 nodes into over 120 10' pieces of conduit ... lol !!

I've had nothing but good experiences in the past and whenever I had a problem, he more than made up for it on the next order.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]