Author Topic: No response from Ray Wu  (Read 21153 times)

Offline arw01

Re: No response from Ray Wu
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That sounds good.  I have no worries about Ray whatsoever ... I just worry about my own time in loading 4000 nodes into over 120 10' pieces of conduit ... lol !!

Oh do tell, what's ya doing with them and you mean pex or conduit or clear something else?  Where you putting it, how are you mounting it?  I'm toying with the same concepts so looking for someone smarter than me   <;d

Offline zwiller

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2013, »
That sounds good.  I have no worries about Ray whatsoever ... I just worry about my own time in loading 4000 nodes into over 120 10' pieces of conduit ... lol !!

Feeling much better about how far behind I am now, thanks!   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2013, »
My shipment arrived yesterday just as ordered, working on figuring out how to test it now.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, »
The hub and ssc pcbs are in stock in the store. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2013, »
Still awaiting shipment, 31 days later.  <fp.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline abrianbaker

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2013, »

I am in the same boat as you... at 28 days... He has communicated with me and stated he needs more time.... I just hope they ship soon!
This is my fourth year!!!
Smart String Mega Tree
6000 Pixel Net Channels
256 LE Channels
140,000 Lights
Controlled by Vixen 3.1, Xlights Nutcracker
"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login"

Offline drlucas

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2013, »
Was it just 50 strings that are backordered,or otherstuff?

I'm debating about putting together a small 360 degree megatree but between the Zeus coop and this note and it being the last week of October things aren't looking good to start adding to the show right now.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2013, »
Just the nodes and some quick connectors. 

He messaged me he needs 3-4 more days and an escrow extension but will ship this week.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mitch09

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2013, »
I placed my order for some black wire nodes on Oct. 1. Just received an email this morning that he would "try" to ship this week. Of course he told me when I ordered that he would need about three weeks, so I new how long it was going to take.

Offline rogerwh

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, »
I haven't ventured into the smart string stuff yet.  But I was curious about the cost of shipping if you order multiple strings.  If I were to order say 20 100 node smart strings what would be an approximate cost of the shipping.   Just looking for ballpark so i can get finances in order.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, »
my order of 16 strings 85 nodes and 9 strings 50 nodes and a roll of wire was 155
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline drlucas

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, »
I had to read that note three times....then realized that's just the shipping costs. I was going to say i'll go talk to Ray and get 3x that order at that price!!! :)

3x100 nodes and 10xflex strip rolls and two big spools of 4 core and 3core wire and I was $82 to ship to Canada. I also had to pay $40 for taxes/duty as well...

my order of 16 strings 85 nodes and 9 strings 50 nodes and a roll of wire was 155
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, »
It will definitely be over $100, but be sure to order via email and get a consolidated proforma invoice from Ray and pay using paypal.  All of the above helps.  You can also ask for a better shipping charge, but I think he is charging just about what it costs him, so not much wiggle room unless he takes a small hit on the products.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, »
 Just out of curiosity, but what are y'all using that much 3core and 4core wiring for?

Offline drlucas

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, »
4 core wiring....has 2 purposes for me!
1: at my active hub, I make a tiny rj45 - 4 core pigtail...then make a 4core pigtail long wire to the end of the SSC. The problem I was running into was corrosion in my 45rj pigtails so took this approach to avoid problems in the future
2: I have a few dumb string controllers for singing sings and a star on top of my mega tree...for that I use 4 core

3 core wiring....in anticipation of the Zeus - I think it will use three core vs rj45....other than that, I really don't think i'll ever use any 3core
-Ryan Lucas-