Author Topic: No response from Ray Wu  (Read 21156 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: No response from Ray Wu
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2013, »
3 core connector from the lights to the controller.  By not soldering the lights directly to the controller you can swap the lights, swap the controllers, repurpose the controllers if you need to, attach a controller with test firmware without having to reflash the chip, remove the controller for repair or upgrades without having to take your lights down or even have them on your workbench.  Is that enough reasons.  LOL  Buy extra because you will be surprised where and how you decide to use them.  I have only used 4 core for my dumbstrings.  Any SSC with the rj5 jack are tucked under my eaves or my porch roof.  Any that are exposed, I just put a long piece of coax on them and run it straight into my battery box to the hub so no rj45 connections are out in the open.  But if I needed to I would use the 4 core waterproff connectors.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2013, »
3 core connector from the lights to the controller.  By not soldering the lights directly to the controller you can swap the lights, swap the controllers, repurpose the controllers if you need to, attach a controller with test firmware without having to reflash the chip, remove the controller for repair or upgrades without having to take your lights down or even have them on your workbench.  Is that enough reasons.  LOL

I understand not soldering the lights straight to the SSC, but most lights will have a 3pin male connector to plug to your 3pin female pigtail from the SSC.  It's my understanding that you want the SSC as close to the lights as possible as opposed to close to the hub.  If this is truly the case, it seems like more cat5 would be used as opposed to lots of 3core wire. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2013, »
Three core wire is also used to increase the distance between nodes as well.  The default spacing is between 3 and 4 inches but people have increased it.  You can also get away with a few feet between nodes under good conditions and some people will incease the gap between groups of nodes to avoid using multiple controllers in some situations.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2013, »
With the V3 and the V4 SScs it is not so critical to have the SSC within 18" or so.  You can actually go a couple of feet.  My SSCs are all about 2' or less from the first node, but those distances work for me relative to where my lights and SSC are mounted, ie. I do not have any need to be farther apart.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2013, »
I know that some folks have had long waits for big or custom orders, but I paid for 4 flexstrips on 10/27 and they were just delivered today 10/31.  For me standard older products seem to come quick, but newer designed stuff I have ordered seems to take longer.  I am only posting this to let folks know that it is possible to still get some additional product in a timely manor and that you might still be ok for this season if you need "stuff", at least the older well debugged product that has been around and more likely to be in stock.  Just my 2 cents.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline drlucas

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2013, »
I emailed Ray this morning and haven't heard back yet. The clock is ticking Ray! I want to make some coroflakes and need some square nodes. Hurry!!!

:)

I'm confident i'll hear back from him in the next 48hrs and will get my order next week while i'm on vacation...in the meantime I have to pull down the skulls and get out the arches!!

I survived 5 days in a row with my Halloween show. I can confidently say ALOT of kids really liked it (we only get 50 or so a year) and I really enjoyed the challenge. I have ALOT more confidence going into November and the colder temps knowning I wont be on the roof fighting bad nodes (knock wood!).

I just have to pray tonight I survive the 60mph winds...we don't usually get this strong wind.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline keitha43

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2013, »
Remember morning in U.S. is evening there more or less

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2013, »
In my working with manufacturers in China, I have learned one of the best times to email China is in the evenings (US time) which is their morning (next day).  You can exchange several emails during that time before going to bed. 

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2013, »
In the eastern time zone, Ray is exactly 12 hours different.  9pm my time is 9am his time.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2013, »
Exchanged emails with Ray twice yesterday...  Maybe it's because I am such a good customer  ;D

Hoping to see my stuff ship 11/6 (2 weeks).

In some strange way I am happy that I don't have them, I think they would distract me.  It has helped me prioritize and stay focused. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline drlucas

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2013, »
Heard from him....once again he is very responsive... < 24hrs. Amazing. Paid for another 8x100 nodes and some squares....time to start building a coro flake!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2013, »
My stuff finally has shipped.  He met his 3 day promise right on time.  35 days for a big order.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline zwiller

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2013, »
Thanks for the update. 

(hoping my order is the second largest so that Ray will fulfill mine next)  ;D

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2013, »
Well it shipped, but I don't have it yet  ;)
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline zwiller

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2013, »
It's been 2 weeks and no shipping notice. :'(  Sent an email to Ray...