Author Topic: No response from Ray Wu  (Read 21152 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: No response from Ray Wu
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2013, »
Told me 2 days ago that my order would ship in 2 days and that he would give me a shipping notice!   <pop..

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2013, »
I placed an order Friday night (11/1) and received the tracking number this morning (11/6).

I made sure in advance that the items I ordered were all available, and I did not customize anything.

My last orders took over 2 months -- the delay was caused by customizing string spacing, and requesting a DMX-controlled UV flood, something not already in his inventory.

So, Ray is definitely busy, but choosing your order to avoid delays can certainly help!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline drlucas

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2013, »
What you get Steve? I just ordered some square 50/50 nodes and 8 strips of 100 standard smart strings. Hoping to get them next week, but we will see....my last order was about double this, but done 2 months ago and had no delays...fingers crossed!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I placed an order Friday night (11/1) and received the tracking number this morning (11/6).

I made sure in advance that the items I ordered were all available, and I did not customize anything.

My last orders took over 2 months -- the delay was caused by customizing string spacing, and requesting a DMX-controlled UV flood, something not already in his inventory.

So, Ray is definitely busy, but choosing your order to avoid delays can certainly help!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2013, »
Mine shows it in Colorado finally, the DHL tracking didn't show anything much till a day or two ago.  My order was placed Sep 25.  That would make the shipping under a week if it arrives today.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mitch09

No response from Ray Wu
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2013, »
My custom nodes ordered on October 1 where shipped Nov 1 and delivered yesterday! Now I just have to build my pixel tree in 3 weeks. No problem. Haha

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2013, »
What you get Steve? I just ordered some square 50/50 nodes and 8 strips of 100 standard smart strings. Hoping to get them next week, but we will see....my last order was about double this, but done 2 months ago and had no delays...fingers crossed!

I ordered some "fun" stuff to play with once my show is up. 

I wanted to experiment with other pixel controllers, other chips, light panels, and also added some larger water-proof power supplies that I might move into my 12v enclosures.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline drlucas

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2013, »
Well just share your results along the way :)  And post lots of pics !!

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline zwiller

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2013, »
When I placed my order (nothing custom) I asked Ray if the stuff was in stock and he told me no but told me a 2 weeks production.  Today it has been 2 weeks.  My fault for waiting to place the order but I have been struggling trying to work out the remaining details of my show.  I've been designing/testing all year and probably revised the approach to my show 3 times... 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2013, »
Well it arrived today, in two big copier paper sized boxes.

This packaging is by far the most professional ever from Ray.

How do they fit so much in a box!!  I took things out and it looks
like enough to fill 4 boxes now!

Ordered Sep 25, Arrived Nov 6th.

Nothing custom, but did order some waterproof connector "caps" which can cover up the
quick connects.

I haven't checked the exact counts yet, but my quick inspection of everything looks great !

Well done Ray.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2013, »
When I placed my order (nothing custom) I asked Ray if the stuff was in stock and he told me no but told me a 2 weeks production.  Today it has been 2 weeks.  My fault for waiting to place the order but I have been struggling trying to work out the remaining details of my show.  I've been designing/testing all year and probably revised the approach to my show 3 times...

in my case, I wouldn't say "revised"... instead, adding more, adding more, adding more...

I blame combustionmark for showing some great ideas at the academy... I can't imagine all of the good stuff he held back from us. :)

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2013, »
Scott - Yes Ray does pack things well... ever try to put it all back in the box after taking it out and looking at it?

Offline arw01

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2013, »
Curious minds would like to know, does Ray OWN the store, or work for some other bigger company?  I would think he ought to go out on his own if he's not already.  He's developed a loyal following here for sure.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2013, »
he does A LOT more than just us christmas lights guys.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2013, »
I know a year or two ago ... dmoore (David of Holidaycoro) did a video of his visit with Ray while in Chinda.  I'm guessing things have changed significantly  since then!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2013, »
Ray says he needs another 7 days.  There is still plenty to do without my lights...  Time to make "The List"... 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."