Author Topic: No response from Ray Wu  (Read 21202 times)

Offline CaptainMurdoch

Re: No response from Ray Wu
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2013, »
My delivery came yesterday as well.  DHL tracking says the boxes were picked up on Sunday and were delivered to Washington (state) on Tuesday right after lunch.  Not bad, but next year I'll order earlier. :)

Only two confirmed issues (so far):  1) one bad 3-core pigtail, and 2) 6 nodes that won't blink on the end of one of the WS2811 50-node technicolor strings.

I'm itching to get the technicolors up on the tree, but want to let them burn in a few more hours before installing hundreds of C9 covers and starting to ziptie them onto the EMT.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2013, »
How do the C9 covers look?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline arw01

« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2013, »
Are the technicolors more true to life, or a wider gamut of colors?  Just curious on what the new and improved part of them is.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2013, »
I would bet that they are just brighter and possibly a little more heavy duty.

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How do the C9 covers look?

Here is the technicolor mounted on 1/2" pipe with the C9 clear faceted cover on it. Definetely seems a bit smaller than a normal C9 bulb.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2013, »
Here is the technicolor mounted on 1/2" pipe with the C9 clear faceted cover on it. Definetely seems a bit smaller than a normal C9 bulb.

I would agree, although I don't have any real C9's to compare to my covers. :)  I almost thought "Ray gave me the wrong covers" when I first opened the box.

Regarding color, brightness, etc., I'm not the best person to ask, this is my first year and first light order. :)    I did get a few strands of other node types, but I haven't run those enough other than to make sure they turned on.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2013, »
He does have C7 covers as well.  Just make sure that he didn't mix them up nd send you the wrong ones.  How do they look lit up compared to the node without the cover?

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2013, »
He does have C7 covers as well.  Just make sure that he didn't mix them up nd send you the wrong ones.  How do they look lit up compared to the node without the cover?

They're too big to be C7.

I've only got one on and my strings are still in a ball on the floor burning in.  Tomorrow I'll stretch them out and attach to conduit like the picture posted earlier.  I think it does block some of the light, but I can't compare to the other pixels.  I like them because I wanted something on my mini-mega that was more than just a dot.  I'm debating doing the house outline in the newer version next year.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2013, »
I HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER!!!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline drlucas

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2013, »
You must be happier than a camel on Wednesday!!

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline scharbon

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2013, »
Its HUMP DAY!!!!

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2013, »
I HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER!!!

that's great news Sam!!
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline zwiller

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2013, »
Man I was getting down...  Wife is telling me people are driving by slow and walkers are pointing so I know folks are ready for a show.  Starting to feel optimistic now. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline drlucas

« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2014, »
Sorry to revive this thread...I've tried to contact Ray a couple of times the last two weeks and haven't heard back from him. Anyone else having similar issues?? I had purchased 25 rolls of flex strips and having a few issues with them and hoping he can help....not sure if it's the way i'm zip tie the strips to pvc that's causing the strips to break some where and lose conductivity, but I have 32 rows of these strips and i'm starting to get really flustered.... every time I go out to do more testing of some sequences I run into more bad strips.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline arw01

« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2014, »
Ray has been slow on email to respond and barely on trade manager chat.  He should be at work now as it is morning there.

Flex strips are picky about being squezed by the zip ties, try moving them from where you have been going.

I just got my order yesterday about 2 weeks late and i have one issue that he has not dealt with from a chat message, I will email him and let you know if I hear from him.

Alan