Author Topic: Feeling stupid but excited!!!!  (Read 2093 times)

Offline urthegman

Feeling stupid but excited!!!!
« on: September 18, 2013, »
While programming last night, I wanted to see exactly what a shimmer effect looked like. So I loaded up a sequence that I knew had a bunch of shimmer effects. I saw that at the 1:51 mark there was about 20 seconds of shimmer. I   went to the video of my display from last year and cued it to the 1:45 mark let it play and lo and behold, NO SHIMMER EFFECT!!!!!!  <fp. I checked 12 other sequences with the same result!!!!! I always have a lot going on in my sequences and didn't notice!?!? I took out a lynx express this morning made a new sequence with just shimmer and twinkle and only the twinkle channels lit up!!!!  I am using an older 32bit version 2.5.4650.19419 of LSP on a windows 7 core i7 8GB machine after experimenting with the 64 bit version at the end of the 2012 season and liking the 32 bit version better. I don't know if this was fixed in a later version of the software, but I thought I would pass this on so others can learn from my stupidity. I hope I don't have to go over 24 sequences and change all the shimmers to twinkle effects, but I am extremely excited to know that as happy as I and the hundreds who saw my display last year were, that almost by default, it will be SO much better this year!!!!

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: Feeling stupid but excited!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, »
Yeah its been a problem the last few releases and still no fix yet unfortunately.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, »
Try the sequence through X-Lights.....  All of my shimmers and twinkles reappeared when I started using X-Lights to play my show.  I am guessing the new version of LSP due out 10/1/2013 will fix the issue but till then...
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, »
Thanks Jeff, I planned on trying xlights in a the next two weeks when I finally get to programming my RGB elements. It will most definitely be easier to do that than to change every shimmer to twinkle and even though LSP's scheduler worked fine for me (other than having to reload my show every night) it is ALWAYS good to have a backup plan!!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, »
FWIW the conductor also outputs shimmer correctly AND it is really cool looking in person.  I was on the conductor beta and it is dialed in and ready to go this season... 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, »
I saw a response on their website that shimmer was fixed by the new scheduler in the upcoming release. I do know it was working in the conductor export.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, »
Thanks guys, I would love to use the conductor but I make a video for each sequence that runs in sync with the lights, and I am not sure I can do that with the conductor.