Author Topic: Stumped (fixed)  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Nonamefril

• No really,I have no idea what Im doing
Stumped (fixed)
« on: September 19, 2013, »
Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly,everything else I have grasped and completed.Ive tried numerous times using the method of
Step 1 - Start with the SSR4.
Step 2 - Turn it on and using my address utility start it sending the address you want out.
Step 3 - With the SSR4 still powered carefully move the jumper.
Step 4 - Count to 3 seconds.
Step 5 - pull the plug on the SSR4.
Step 6 - put the jumper back to operate and power it back up. 
I'm using start channel to send the signal,all the jumpers I think are in the correct place but I just cant get it to take the DMX address I want it to have.Ive tried on 6 different SSR's,so I know its me doing something wrong cause I wouldn't think all are bad.
Any Ideas?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, by Nonamefril »

Offline tbone321

Re: Stumped
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, »
Perhaps we need a little more information.  What are you using to send the data out to the SSR4, a USB dongle or an ETD.  Is it flashed to putput DMX.  Is the output device working properly?  Do you have a way to test it?  What channel are you trying to set it to?   Did you try using Vixen or A-Lights?  With a little more inf, we should be able to help you get them going.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, »
Just to add what Tom already posted.

Do you know if the pic is flashed with the correct firmware?

That pic has always been the most difficult to set the start channel(ssr4-dmx, mr16). I have some that work the first time but most of mine I would have to try multi times. Sometimes reflashing the pic helps reset it. You can test the SSR without trying to set the start channel since the firmware defaults to channel 1.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Nonamefril

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, »
As far as I know it is flashed to the latest firmware.I'm using a holiday coro dmx dongle,I have tested it with my other controllers..ie Lynx Express and 3 channel DMX modules,they all work with no issues,Im using Light o rama for my light show.I hadn't re flashed it ,this gives me a good reason to by a Pickit.How can I reset the controller back to default setting of 1.Im trying to program the DMX channel of 200.
I also have a Lynx Dongle I can use,I planned on using it for Universe 2.
I also have Vixen,I just hadn't gotten into using it,but if I have too I can.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, »
I would try the Lynx Dongle. assuming you have that flashed with DMX firmware.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Nonamefril

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, »
Alright Ill try it and it is flashed to DMX....

Offline Nonamefril

Re: Stumped (fixed)
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, »
Note to anyone....to assign a address to a SSR4,you will have to use a Lynx Dongle....Holiday Coro acti dongle will not let you change the addy,once the address is changed the holiday coro acti dongle works fine then....It is solved...I knew if I took a step back and asked some of you guys yall would help me out....Thank you  ;D