Author Topic: Vixen 2.1.1 Adjustable Preview Plugin - Vixen+ wish list  (Read 1650 times)

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
Is there an easy way to use the "Adjustable Preview" Plugin for Vixen 2.1.1?

I have (4) 90 node RGB arches, a 240 channel RGB tree topper, 3 RGB windows, an RGB wreath, plus the regular assortment of non-RGB mini trees, a mega tree, etc.  Due to more things being added and some strategic placement of hybrid channels (I sequence for 2 different houses - 3 if you count my brother) the profiles are completely different this year.

I would like to have a "tool box" that has basic show elements (arch, RGB arch, candy canes, trees, pixel tree, etc.)  With the picture of my house as the background, I would like to select "RGB Arch", you click the start point, the end point and then you're prompted to name the arch, how many nodes, which channels to use and is it hybrid.  The computer then draws an arch/half circle between the 2 points you selected and associates the correct channels to that object.

"But Steve, you can use Vixen 3."  No, I can't.  I rely heavily on VIR files that are generated by a program I wrote for single strand RGB effects.  VIR files are no longer supported in V3 and importing a V2.1 sequence to V3 seems counter-productive.

My frustration lies with not seeing how some things I've never tried are going to look and not wanting to have to do it over later.  If anything I feel better venting.

Back to the sequencing.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Vixen 2.1.1 Adjustable Preview Plugin - Vixen+ wish list
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, »
Yoiu should post your question in the vixen plus group.  I was thinking that the adjustable preview was included in vixen plus, but I have not tried it yet.  It wworks great in vixen 2.1.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA