Author Topic: First live test of the conductor for Halloween 2013  (Read 2524 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

Just got my display all set up for Halloween. I reflashed the Etherdongle with the latest Conductor firmware and connected up all my lights.

I have the following set up:

EtherDongle with Conductor FW
Audio mod on Conductor feeding a FM transmitter
Two 16 Port Active Hubs
Two Lynx Expresses
DMX out from Lynx Expresses to a DMX three color Laser
DMX out from the three color Laser to an DMX four color LED fixture
24 LED Flexstrips

Fired up the Conductor with five sequences exported from LSP

All is running perfectly, all the Music and lights are in sunc. Lovely!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: First live test of the conductor for Halloween 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, »
Sweet but where are the video and or pictures?
 ;D

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, »
That is awesome considering how much "fun" you had last year.  Also, from being on the conductor beta that post means alot to me.  We worked RJ hard and he dialed it in before the Acadamy.  <res.   

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, »
Will have pics and video at the weekend. The real test for all of this is when it goes live on the house. It's hard to tell whether it's all working until it's put out on the house. Now I have it set up I can see all the elements working together.

I wrestled with the LSP scheduler last year throughout the whole of October, I had to tweak this and taht to get certain sequences to run, it did run, but I had issues. I had to watch the display everytime it started up and also to check on it while it was running. It was very time consuming. So far with the Conductor, it just runs and is rock solid (so far). I can also monitor my duisplay from my armchair via the Android App, very satisfying.

Well done RJ and everyone for making the conductor run so well. I also purchased a second flash card. Now I can use my laptop to edit the next show, pull the old flash card out and pop in the new one and a new show fires right up the following day. That's sweet also!!!!

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, »
Also, from being on the conductor beta that post means alot to me.  We worked RJ hard and he dialed it in before the Acadamy.  <res.   

You, RJ and the whole Beta should be very proud of what you achieved, you guys ROCK!!!!!

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, »
SWEET!

As Sam said above RJ spent a ton of hours basically rewriting the Conductor firmware to get the lights and music to sync. perfectly.  There were many nights that went well into the morning spent getting it right.  He is relentless in his pursuit of making it perfect at an affordable price for all.  We all own him for a job well done.

Denny

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, »
Gonna extend a huge thank you to you Denny!  The amount of detail and time you put into the beta was amazing.   <res. 

Pete, I wish all of us beta guys could have hooked up our whole show to test but we couldn't.  We chose lights/channels/etc that we felt we important to test.  I have faith it will work but as far as I know YOU will be the first one to run a full show...  Wishing you the best!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, »
Gonna extend a huge thank you to you Denny!  The amount of detail and time you put into the beta was amazing.   <res. 

Pete, I wish all of us beta guys could have hooked up our whole show to test but we couldn't.  We chose lights/channels/etc that we felt we important to test.  I have faith it will work but as far as I know YOU will be the first one to run a full show...  Wishing you the best!

I'm sure it will run well for me. I'm planning  a full test run this coming Saturday, normally all the neighbors come out to see it and chat over a few beers, so I'll report back here once I've run it. Then I plan to go live on Tuesday Oct 1st and run it every night until Halloween.

It still amazes me that this all works together. I've got AC cables mixed with ethernet cables and then the wireless transmitters, RGB lights and various DMX lights and a DMX Laser and right now it all works.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, »
To be honest RJ worked his butt off but also we the beta team beat up RJ to get it right. There was times when we didn't know if we would even have a system to use. The first goal was to get a stable system so there were features that were removed because of the time line to get the system solid.

Good luck Saturday and hopefully its Rock Solid for you.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, »
I hope LSP pulls off the new update for the scheduler, but it was real nice knowing the conductor was solid back in May.  Pete, I had similar issues as you last season and the conductor laughed at my huge transition heavy sequence that was a problem for the LSP scheduler... 

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, »
Good to hear, I'm still on the fence about updating since the conductor worked for me (2 weeks for halloween, month for christmas) without a single issue related to the conductor.  If it isn't broke don't mess with it right  :)

Now I"m going to hide after saying that.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, »
I would say that I could have used the new LSP scheduler for Halloween without any problems, but can't say more than that.