Author Topic: Light Elf ver .10 Problem  (Read 3819 times)

Offline galex2

Light Elf ver .10 Problem
« on: September 25, 2013, »
I've converted several LSP 2.5 sequences one at a time using light elf.  Can't say it's gone totally smooth but it has gone reasonably well as I've run into mystery errors along the way sometimes fixed by going back into LSP and optimizing the sequence and resaving to having to reinstall light elf at one point when it wouldn't load.  But again a wonderful time saving tool to get LSP 2.5 sequences into Xlights.  Today I ran into an issue where I can't seem to get it to work as I get the following error in the command box:

C:\Users\Gene\Desktop\LightShow\Light Elf>c:\python27\python.exe "light elf app.
py"
Process Process-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\python27\lib\multiprocessing\process.py", line 250, in _bootstrap
    sys.stdin = open(os.devnull)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'nul'

I've even tried to reconvert sequences that I've previously successfully converted and it does this for everything.  I've reinstalled Python and Light Elf and continue to get the same error.  To my knowledge nothing else has changed from yesterday when it worked to today when it doesn't.

Anyone else having issues or possible solutions?

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: Light Elf ver .10 Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, »
I would just use the conductor export in LSP that is working again.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, »
and to add since you want to use it in xlights you can use the convert in xlights to convert the seq file into xseq.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, »
Can you give me some more detail on what you do leading up to this error? Is this as soon as you select the sequences you want to convert?

There is a log file in your light elf directory (log.txt).  You can put that in a zip file and post it here and I will take a look at it.

Thank You,

Frank

Offline galex2

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, »
It's kind of funny Frank.  I tend to think it may be drive related.  Two days ago I got a windows warning that there were some files that windows couldn't open and suggested that I run a drive check.  The check found 3 files in bad sectors and repaired them.  Yesterday when I got on my laptop it was shut down and I know I didn't shut it down the night before so I started it and got a warning saying that it had shut down unexpectedly so something may be going on intermittently with my hard drive.  In any case I figured a full reload of python and light elf should solve a problem if something had gotten corrupted but I still get the errors.  I attached the log file but there isn't much there because it was basically new since I wiped out the old one when I reloaded light elf.  I use the laptop to sequence in LSP and convert to xlights.   I have a 64 bit quad core tower that I'll use to run my show this year so I loaded python and light elf up on it last night and it works so I'll just network the LSP files over and convert them from there.  In the mean time I think I need to invest in a new hard drive for my laptop before it all goes bust.  Didn't help that it took a little bit of a fall a couple of weeks ago which is where the problems probably started I bet.  I just wonder why a full reload wouldn't fix things, maybe there is something left in the registry mucking things up????

Thanks Frank for your attention and all your work with light elf, I really like it!

Gene

Offline caretaker

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, »
Gene,  If I were you I would immediately back up your hard drive and start thinking of replacing it. I had similar issues with my laptop (file not being available,  shut downs, errors etc.) then one day it wouldn't boot. 
Jeff Squires

Offline galex2

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, »
Thanks Caretaker,

I backed it up yesterday and downloaded a free program that monitors the health of your drives called Acronis Drive monitor (I highly recommend).  It's showing that I'm experiencing critical errors every day so it's just a matter of time.  I'm researching a replacement drive right now so hopefully it will arrive before the big crash.  I hate when that happens.  Fortunately I'm a geek and have two other computers to play with if my LT goes down, he, he.    It's just such a pain reloading everything as you know....

Gene