Author Topic: Video with Xlights?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline urthegman

Video with Xlights?
« on: September 27, 2013, »
Hey Sean, I am still tweaking my sequences and should be getting around to converting them to xlights sequences in about a week. In LSP I right click in the wave form and add a video that I make for each song and I play it on an outdoor monitor, is there a way to make it play in xlights do the same?

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Video with Xlights?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey Sean, I am still tweaking my sequences and should be getting around to converting them to xlights sequences in about a week. In LSP I right click in the wave form and add a video that I make for each song and I play it on an outdoor monitor, is there a way to make it play in xlights do the same?

you can add videos to xlights if you first convert your movie into a while pile of little png files, one per frame. for the last two months the installarion of xlights has included the program ffmpeg.

Suppose you have a movie, tree.mov or tree,avi or tree.mvi or any of the dozen movie extensions. this is the command you do from the dos prompt.

ffmpeg -i tree.avi -s 50x50 tree-%d.png

if your tree.avi was 10 seconds long and since movies have 30 frames per seconf you will now have tree-1.png, tree-2.png ... tree-300.png

in other words this one command took your movie and made 300 ong files. it should take just a few seconds and the png files are very small , like 1kbyte.
The good thing is that the movie and the png files do NOT need to bein your xlights directory, they can be any plance.

Now in the Nutcracker tab go to the Pictures effect. If you open tree-2.png or tree-111.ong they will be treated as static images. But if you open the magic first image of a series of images, tree-1.png in this case xlights will start glipping though the images. You now have a movie. You can control the playback with the speed control.

good luck

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login