Author Topic: Bug with Window Frame?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline drlucas

Bug with Window Frame?
« on: September 29, 2013, »
If I make a new model as a Window Frame of RGB Nodes with 100 nodes on the top, 50 on the left/right and 100 on the bottom it only appears to count the nodes in the left/right for channels. Has anyone else noticed this before?
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Bug with Window Frame?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, »
You are right it does say 150 channels and if you look at the node layout it says 300 nodes.

Something is off there.

Besides that WOW you must have a big window. Guessing you are using 3 or 4 SSC to handle that many nodes.

Since my window frames are odd I use the custom mode option.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, »
Maybe I screwed something up but when I was testing my new window frames with X-Lights is seemed the Top/sides were wrong. I know I enter them correctly in the model but the effects go from the left side to the right side not top to bottom. Any one else see this? BTW this is actual output to my pixels not the view window.
Jeff Squires

Offline drlucas

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, »
This is actually my roof outline :) 435 of the smart strings off 4 SSCs. I'm having a heck of a time now with the controller and channel setup...I have about 150 or so across the top and bottom and then 70 or so down the sides. Because of the 120 node limit I had to split the SSCs up to maximize the controllers...and because I built everything in the garage and then carried it up to the roof I ran into a few more challenges. Across the top of the house towards the right side....I go from channel 1,2,3,4,5,6.... then I hit the second SSC and go 7,8,9,10,11,12 and then hit the third string and go 18,17,16,15,14,13 and then hit the fourth string and go 21,20,19... I counted off the exact number of nodes but things are kinda buggy. My first controller really starts at channel 5701 with 100 lights, then ssc #2 is channel 6002 with 113 lights then 6342 with 105 lights and then finally 6658 with 117 lights. I think my channel count is good as I left like one blank channel in between. I'm trying to figure the best effect to do testing with, but I think I might just crank up xlights test mode and do RGB-all test and see how that goes.

Besides that WOW you must have a big window. Guessing you are using 3 or 4 SSC to handle that many nodes.

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline barbotte

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, »
yes it is a bug in nutcraker ..it does not calculate the righ amount of pixel/ chanel .... sean had to take over my pc tonigh to  figure out why i was having so many error all the time for a long time lol  ......  ...so  how do you guy go about making window frame ??? i try with single line x 4 to make a square ( in the preview ) but that make a mess when it ts time to sequence .... cheer