Author Topic: How to program SSC on the roof? - RESOLVED  (Read 3300 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: How to program SSC on the roof?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK - this is fixed!

Thanks to all for confirming a few things for me on the basics of how it's supposed to work. That allowed me to focus my troubleshooting and within an hour tonight I had all 5 SSCs firing!!

In the end what I did was first recrimp a new cat5 cable. Second was resolder a small test string of nodes. Third was reflash the PIC (a few actually showed the wrong checksum - need to figure out why sometimes the pic is loosing the firmware but that is a different topic for another post).

After those three things I was able to program the SSCs again and i'm in business impressing the neighbours with my testing tonight!

THANK YOU AGAIN!!
Ryan

He's addicted!  We'll let you wait to the weekend to post some pics and or vids. 

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline drlucas

Re: How to program SSC on the roof? - RESOLVED
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, »
Here are a few pix. need to figure out how to film in the dark - the colors are washed out. All I have is an iphone 5 to film no other cameras.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline drlucas

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, »
The other pix
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline zwiller

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, »
Looking good.  I really like the straightness of the roof lines. 

Taking pics/vids of blinky is an art by itself.  Some guys do it at dusk, some adjust camera or lens.  For video, removing autofocus is crucial.  I am pretty forgiving about it since I know how hard it is to capture blinky on camera and besides, what matters the most is how it looks live for your audience anyway.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline keitha43

Re: How to program SSC on the roof?
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You know every time I am on the roof I think of the fiddler and "sing" to myself
If I was a Rich Man I would pay someone else to be up here in the cold…….

Rick R.
After an incident a couple of years back where I rushed to fix a problem on my roof because my brother was on his way over and I didn't bother to grab a flashlight, I discovered halfway up the roof that frost had formed. So I think of "Free Falling" by Tom Petty when I am up there.

You might see if the phone has a "Fireworks" mode and tape it to a stationary object.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, »
That is the one advantage of a vert steep pitch on the roof .... you don't even think of going up there.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving