Author Topic: Issues setting up etherdongle  (Read 1247 times)

Offline thestig

Issues setting up etherdongle
« on: October 01, 2013, »
Hello guys, I am in need of some help. I have been messing around with LSP 2.5 for the past few days hoping to get my sequencing done but can't seem to figure things out. I have loaded the etherdongle output and added my controllers as RGB Devices using the 1.31 output. Things are just flaky at best. I have tested all of my hardware in xlights/nutcracker and everything works perfectly. When I try to output a macro effect or any effect I am only seeing one of my flex strips lighting up and then half of another. I was able to have all of my lights working at one point however they only worked for one transition. The lights stay on after the sequence and I have to turn them off. I am also having problems starting a sequence in the middle. The only time the lights will work is when I start the sequence from the very beginning. If i start it anywhere else the lights light up randomly. I have just about had it with LSP.

Please help.

I know my outputs are configured correctly because I just loaded the etherdongle directly from the optional load menu.

any thoughts?

Grant

Offline keitha43

Re: Issues setting up etherdongle
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, »
Did you make sure that there are no effects before the first timing mark? If a sequence starts with an effect (on for example) it doesn't work right as LSP looks for a change of state of each channel. I always add an extra mark near the beginning and make sure everything is off to the left of it. Also did you remember to optimize the sequence?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, »
Personally, I think the LSP sequencer does not output high channel counts well "live" even with a killer box.  You CAN output lights from the sequencer but I don't think it will perform as well as when it is brought into and played by the scheduler but YMMV. 

I look at blinky as 2 separate processes.  Sequencing and playback.  For sequencing I rely on the LSP visualizer.  I can relate to wanting to see a new element in action (playback) but I just use xlights to light it up and see it working.  You probably have everything setup right but even though it is not outputting well from the sequencer it will probably run fine with the scheduler. 

I am using the conductor this year for playback. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, »
Did you check all the boxes for each set of 512 channels?

Offline thestig

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, »
Thanks guys. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling lsp as I was getting errors and couldn't use the custom palettes to make color sliding macros. It seems to be working better now. I will throw it in the scheduler now. I also did notice that i had some of my lighting changes in front of the first timing mark on some of my older test sequences. I think you are correct in the fact that it may just be the live playback causing issues. I work the night shift tonight so I will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

Grant

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, »
V2.8 was released today, you know, just in case things weren't complicated enough for you???  ;D

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, »
Yea!!!! Can't wait to get home Sunday night and start playing with it