Author Topic: Shimmer on V2.8  (Read 2243 times)

Offline urthegman

Shimmer on V2.8
« on: October 04, 2013, »
Can someone please test v2.8's shimmer output to an actual Express using the etherdongle for me? I am STILL waiting for my license key!!!! Thanks, this is of major importance to me.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: Shimmer on V2.8
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, »
I'm using pixelnet and I can tell you it doesn't work well. I am using 2.8
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, »
Rgb nodes don't really shimmer like regular lights.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, »
I am more concerned with the shimmer on regular lights, that is why I asked if someone could test on an Express?

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, »
I've been testing them and they do not shimmer well for me. I am using 2.8 . I haven't tried shimmer on my ss so I can't speculate on that.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, »
Maybe I am happy to just have any kind of output, but I just hooked up my hardware and it did work!!!! YEAY!!!!!!! That being said it is more of a slow blink than a shimmer but I am thinking/hoping that there is a way to change its rate. Anyone???

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, »
Did it ever work for the Express on an older version software? The reason I asked was I always heard the original "shimmer" effect was a effect generated by the hardware of the LOR controller and the software only called for that effect to turn on. Both LOR and the older LSP could call up that hardware effect. Now I had some RGB floods that when that effect was called up would blink at a much slower rate and I didn't know if it was 1. a limitation of the flood itself, 2. a limit of dmx, or 3. just because the flood was not using the LOR controller therefore the hardware call wasn't there.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, »
Lsp did shimmer last year with just dmx. For some reason things have changed a bit. I hope it gets resolved.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, »
Okay I wanted to be sure as I never had any expresses as 8 LOR units were plenty for me and I was doing RGB only from when pixelnet was released to us lucky people. No more bundling 3 different strings together for everything!

Offline thestig

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, »
So how do I get my new 2.8 registration key? email them?

Offline thestig

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, »
Nevermind I figured it out. Just needed to email them and ask for a new key like I thought.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did it ever work for the Express on an older version software? The reason I asked was I always heard the original "shimmer" effect was a effect generated by the hardware of the LOR controller and the software only called for that effect to turn on. Both LOR and the older LSP could call up that hardware effect. Now I had some RGB floods that when that effect was called up would blink at a much slower rate and I didn't know if it was 1. a limitation of the flood itself, 2. a limit of dmx, or 3. just because the flood was not using the LOR controller therefore the hardware call wasn't there.
Keith, my shimmer is slow as well, more like a blinking then a shimmer.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, »
For the record, shimmer works well with conductor playback of an LSP export in 2.5.  Shimmer with the conductor is "convulsive". 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, »
Lsp did shimmer last year with just dmx. For some reason things have changed a bit. I hope it gets resolved.
It didn't shimmer for me on my expresses. I hooked up my hardware and made a test sequence with just twinkles and shimmers, In v2.5 there was no shimmer output, but in v2.8 there was. Weird.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, »
For the record, shimmer works well with conductor playback of an LSP export in 2.5.  Shimmer with the conductor is "convulsive".
Convulsive???? I LIKE that!!!!! But I have video so no conductor for me!