Author Topic: Payment to Ray Question  (Read 2905 times)

Offline aERonAUtical96

Payment to Ray Question
« on: October 04, 2013, »
Received a quote from Ray.  Inquired back on process to place order/purchase, but no response.  Any help from group would be appreciated.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Payment to Ray Question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, »
On the quote there should be a paypal address.  I just sent my money.  Paypal is a lot cheaper than using a credit card internationally.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, »
I use paypal as well. Have not had an issue yet.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, »
Ray always emails me a proforma invoice (word doc) with all the detail.  At the bottom of the invoice is his paypal account email: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  I pay via paypal and my stuff is here in a few days...  No problems with ordering from Ray using paypal.  It is strangely simple to do an international transaction.  Hardest part of working with Ray is opening the package with all the shipping tape on it.   ;D 

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline travailen

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, »
^^ +1 ^^

Rick S.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, »
Ray sends me a quote as others have said.  Then he puts a custom item on his aliexpress website for me (search for your name, or he gives you the link).  Then you purchase that through aliexpress (I paid with credit card) and he only gets the payment after you have received the good and are happy with them ... there is something like a 10 day acceptance period or something.  Never had any problems with Ray.  Had can take awhile getting back to you as he's probably insanely busy this time of year.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, »
Ray probably won't answer for a couple of days. It's the Chinese New Year and they/he shuts down for a week or so....still waiting for him to fix my order.....
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline tmcteer

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, »
I just got a Proforma Invoice from Ray 3 hours ago....

Tom

Offline drlucas

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, »
I've done both.....Aliexpress.com and just ordered from the link in the wiki and payed by cc. After that I realized it's better to get an invoice and quote from Ray for a few reasons (shipping cost related) and ended up paying with paypal from there on in.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline arw01

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, »
is the Sunlei_lighting the best place to email Ray for the custom quote?  I could only find the contact through the aliexpress site and did not want to set up an account who knows where vs regular gmail and paypal usage.

Alan

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, »
I would send email to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which is the one he usually gives out.  I only use the sun-lei for paypal.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, »
I would send email to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which is the one he usually gives out.  I only use the sun-lei for paypal.

Thank you Jim, resent my request to that email as well.

Alan

search terms because I have a hard time finding this thread:

ray wu order paypal email address contact

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is the email address Ray is using when I am going the paypal route. 

I think it's National Day Golden Week over there not New Years. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, »
I found an email from Ray (in my spam box) dated Oct 2nd that he would get back with me after the holiday.... had to send an apology for the stern business like email I sent because I thought he was ignoring me.....
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline zwiller

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, »
 <la..