Author Topic: Conductor Running my 2013 Halloween Show - With Videos  (Read 1893 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

Here's a few clips of the Conductor running my 2013 Halloween show:

Opening Sequence:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Somebody's Watching Me:

Wolves Of The Sea:

We Love Halloween:

Talk Like A Pirate:

Gentlemen by Psy:

What does the fox say by Ylvis:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline Rich Renn

• Renn's Lights for Charity
Re: Conductor Running my 2013 Halloween Show - With Videos
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, »
Looks good Great job

RIchard

Offline arw01

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, »
So much fun...  some questions on the gear..

DSC on the house?  Looks like limited color choices. e.g I see blue sometimes and white, no orange etc?

The mouth sync to the song is off a bit on the first video, but much closer on the next one, and pretty much spot on for number three.  Are you doing Papagayo or something else for the mouths?

Are the faces purchsed pieces or something you make up yourself?

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, »
So much fun...  some questions on the gear..

DSC on the house?  Looks like limited color choices. e.g I see blue sometimes and white, no orange etc?

It's hard for the camera to pick up the full color range, they are full blown RGB Flexstrips and not DSC

The mouth sync to the song is off a bit on the first video, but much closer on the next one, and pretty much spot on for number three.  Are you doing Papagayo or something else for the mouths?

The first song was converted from a sequence last year which was using different channels, so it might be off a little in places. The second sequence is a new one for this year, so it was sequenced from scratch without conversion, so that one was much tighter in timing than converted sequences. I use Light Show Pro for all the sequences, never tried Papagayo, I just sequence the singers by hand.

Are the faces purchsed pieces or something you make up yourself?

The faces are home made. They are made from about 60 foot of LED rope light, 6 foot x 6 foot frame with some plastic netting stapled on top. Then the LED rope light can be cut at every 36 inches to make the faces.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline LtKadeo

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, »
nice job on the show looks fantastic

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, »
I'm Talking Like a Pirate after watching. Loved the Pirate themes. Never heard them before.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, »
Nice job!  Thanks for posting.  Your work continues to push me towards doing a Halloween show.  Love the use of transitions.  If you don't mind me asking how you achieve using them so often.  I would like to use transitions often but not really finding a method that clicks that would allow me to use them "to the beat".  Right now they are a special effect to me.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, »
Nice job!  Thanks for posting.  Your work continues to push me towards doing a Halloween show.  Love the use of transitions.  If you don't mind me asking how you achieve using them so often.  I would like to use transitions often but not really finding a method that clicks that would allow me to use them "to the beat".  Right now they are a special effect to me.

The transistions are easy to do in LSP. All I do is create an RGB layer and then associate all the RGB lights to that new layer. I then left click on the RGB layer and select the start and stop of the transistion timed to the Auio and select the marco effect. Typically I use color slider marco, then I select the color slider I want to use and then allow the program to creat the marco on the RGB layer. It's that simple.

Jon - saw your email, I'll send over the sequence when I get home from work today. It will be in LSP format. The pirate song from Alestorm is from some of my son's music library, he wanted me to sequence "You Are a Pirate". I try to sequence songs that aren't the normal Halloween songs just to keep it fresh  8)

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, »
Pete, I follow you completely and am doing the same as you but you stopped where I am getting bogged down.  Having to input the time, frame rate, and other settings for EACH transition.  I wonder if I can save it and just drop them in?  Have not tried that yet.  In a perfect world I wish we could select the section in the layer and copy/paste onto other areas of that layer.  I don't mind that it takes my machine some time to render it... 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, »
Pete, I follow you completely and am doing the same as you but you stopped where I am getting bogged down.  Having to input the time, frame rate, and other settings for EACH transition.  I wonder if I can save it and just drop them in?  Have not tried that yet.  In a perfect world I wish we could select the section in the layer and copy/paste onto other areas of that layer.  I don't mind that it takes my machine some time to render it...

I started out by doing every single transistion by hand, that got tedious real fast (although I did most of the songs that way), but for the time seeting, it's a drag on the layer that sets the length of the transition and I left the frame rates and other setting as default. Then I discovered I could right click on the created transition and save it to the effect library. What I did was, set up the first transition on the RGB layer (say the beats were 0.5 secs long, I'd manually left click the RGB layer to set the transition Macro to just under 0.5 secs and add the Macro), the effects would then be added to the RGB layer. Then right click on the Macro you just created and save it to the library. Then go to the library where you save the Macro and drag and drop it onto the RGB layer and it will render the effects automatically at just under 0.5 secs. It's still time consuming, but it's alittle faster to sequence.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, »
Thanks! We're on the same page.  The library sounds like a big help to me since I was kinda picky about the color slider settings.  Very tedious.