Author Topic: LOR to Nutcracker  (Read 1945 times)

Offline doubleeaz

LOR to Nutcracker
« on: October 05, 2013, »
Seen lots of info on going from Nutcracker to LOR.  I want to go the other way.  I currently have 16 channel LOR controllers and sequences for them in LOR that I have been using for last couple years.  I want to add DMX controllers and add a mega tree.  I have the DIY smart hub, SSCs and pixel strings.  Ultimately want to run everything from an Etherdongle with Conductor.

What I want to do is take my LOR sequences and import them into Nutcracker, add in the mega tree and then export to be run on the Etherdongle.

My sequences are currently setup for LOR controllers.  Do I need to change these to DMX addresses before reading them into Nutcracker?  I plan to have DMX universe 1, pixelnet channels 1-512 for my LOR controllers.  Then have my mega tree start on pixelnet address 513.

Just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly before committing to a bunch of work that needs to be redone.

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.

Offline caretaker

Re: LOR to Nutcracker
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, »
You can convert you LOR files to X-lights format (Nutcracker) or to Conductor format in X-Lights.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, »
lots of peope do what you are doing.

convert their existing lms files into xlights *.xls

now add rgb effects to arches, eaves, megatrees.

finally use xlights to schedule your show.

you can also produce conductor *.seq files and run your show on the conductor

you can also produce pi player files, *.fseq and run your show using a rhaspberry pi.

you can also export the completed lor file as lms and bring it back into LOR and run your show from there. caution, lms files will be large.

example a 3 minute wizards in winter is approx the following
xseq 45mbytes
conductor *.seq 45mbytes
pi player 8.fseq 45mbytes
lor *.lms 800mbytes

i will have 20,000 channels this year and will be staying with xlights as my scheduler.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline doubleeaz

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, »
Thanks for the feedback.  So when Nutcracker imports the .lms file, it converts the controller # and channel # to a  DMX address?  For instance, controller #2, channel #1 becomes DMX channel 17.

Or do I have to go into LOR sequencer and change my sequences from LOR controllers to DMX addresses before importing them into Nutcracker?